XB270HU blurry text over 60hz

Gorguss
Gorguss Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My XB270HU get blurry text when I set the refresh rate to 144hz. I can notice a significant difference from 60hz to 144hz. It is connected with a DisplayPort cable that is 6ft.

1. Tried resetting monitor
2. Tried reinstalling nvidia drivers (GTX 1070)
3. Tried disabling OD
4. Confirmed with a friend that he notices the same issue on my screen (in case my vision was the issue :-))

It probably affects other things than text, but that's the only place I notice it. Any idea how to fix this? Is the monitor broken? It has been this way since I got it a few months back, I just settled with 60hz for a while :anguished:

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    yes, 100%

can be a panel controller issue or the panel itself; only Acer service can fix it.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    edited December 2017
    i own the same monitor model and i don't have any issue on text settings 144hz

if you didn't already, have a read here and use the suggested settings and ICC profile:
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm
  • Gorguss
    Thanks for your reply IronFly. I did do the recommended adjustments and try the ICC profile. But unfortunately it had no effect on the bluriness.
  • IronFly
    i can only suggest you to try another DP cable.
  • Gorguss
    Wouldn't that only have an impact if the image had serious distortions? I'll get a new DP cable and try that one.
  • IronFly
    Yes, true...but worth a try to try to find the culprit.
  • Gorguss
    I tried a new DP cable today. It didn't help, but I noticed that the blurry text only affects the left side of the monitor. Also, I connected a different computer with DP, the screen worked at 120hz, but at 144hz it had serious distortions in addition to flickering and was unusable. I'm now pretty confident there is something wrong with the monitor.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    yes, 100%

can be a panel controller issue or the panel itself; only Acer service can fix it.