Can i install windows 7

ramdoim
ramdoim Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have a n Acer Travelmate 6492 running windows xp.  I have purchased an official windows 7 Pro installation software.Would there be any issues with this installation.

Best Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You are free to install any operating system you choose, however, Acer will only provide support on the pre-installed Operating Systems. If possible create a recovery media for the operating system shipped with your laptop.

You should not have any issues installing windows 7. I see that the drivers for windows 7 (32 & 64 bit) for this model are available for download at Acer website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/255?b=1.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ramdoim
    Answer ✓
    Thank you kindly for your assistance.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You are free to install any operating system you choose, however, Acer will only provide support on the pre-installed Operating Systems. If possible create a recovery media for the operating system shipped with your laptop.

You should not have any issues installing windows 7. I see that the drivers for windows 7 (32 & 64 bit) for this model are available for download at Acer website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/255?b=1.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ramdoim
    Answer ✓
    Thank you kindly for your assistance.
  • Андрей555
    Андрей555 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Следует учесть, что ОС W7, более ресурсоемкая чем W XP по этой причине, возможно еле заметное увеличение времени загрузки ОС, и незначительное замедление при выполнении ресурсоемких задач.