Predator XB271HU darker than normal??

Options
MOOMO
MOOMO Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi folks I am new here..,

I dont know why this is happing but in games the dark areas look holy smoke very dark that even it lose its details I checkout my Nvidia  settings every thing set to normal and while watching movies it still too dark or washed out black colors I even tried icc, before I buy calibration device can any one advise, I have both ips glow and blb but I don’t care about them if there any suggestions please tell me.  

Answers

• monokultur
    monokultur Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi,

got exactly the same problem on my xb271hubmiprz and it drives me crazy. I first thought it might be a problem caused by some driver or windows update but couldnt reproduce dat. I spent hours reading up and trying out different settings but couldnt get a stable solution or better a workin solution at all. Weird thing is sometimes the darkness problem is not there but mostly these days it exists. Really ***** up if you want to play for example bf1 in your holidays :(. I got my monitor about a year ago, i was able to fix the common bugs (screen line with overlap, and so on) via readin up on things, but for about a month now i am regularly encountering foresaid bug.
    Reason i figure it might be a monitor related problem is dat on some system startups i get a flicker where the whole picture switches from the all over way to dark version into the regular picture. Since i encounter the problem say - in 2 out of 3 days - i guess its some common thing dat triggers this thing. I havent found a workaround or procedure to reliably get the picture back to normal darkness ratio :(. And since i allready spent hours on this problem i tried all possible things i could think of, eg different settings in win10 (+ different driver versions), different settings in nvidia and different osd settings. If the problem was there i wasnt able to fix it with any of the things i tried. A Restart of the system doesnt fix it reliably.
    If anyone has an idea or suggestion i would very much appreciate input on this matter!
    I am at a loss at this point what to try next. But i gotta say for a €800,-- monitor i had to spend way too much time on problem solving to get the proper experience. Dont get me wrong - when its doin what its supposed to be doin - this is a great monitor and i appreciate the experience, but my 1 year record strongly suggests dat there are issues dat should not be there.

Best regards,
    m

• MOOMO
    Options
    Hi,

got exactly the same problem on my xb271hubmiprz and it drives me crazy. I first thought it might be a problem caused by some driver or windows update but couldnt reproduce dat. I spent hours reading up and trying out different settings but couldnt get a stable solution or better a workin solution at all. Weird thing is sometimes the darkness problem is not there but mostly these days it exists. Really ***** up if you want to play for example bf1 in your holidays :(. I got my monitor about a year ago, i was able to fix the common bugs (screen line with overlap, and so on) via readin up on things, but for about a month now i am regularly encountering foresaid bug.
    Reason i figure it might be a monitor related problem is dat on some system startups i get a flicker where the whole picture switches from the all over way to dark version into the regular picture. Since i encounter the problem say - in 2 out of 3 days - i guess its some common thing dat triggers this thing. I havent found a workaround or procedure to reliably get the picture back to normal darkness ratio :(. And since i allready spent hours on this problem i tried all possible things i could think of, eg different settings in win10 (+ different driver versions), different settings in nvidia and different osd settings. If the problem was there i wasnt able to fix it with any of the things i tried. A Restart of the system doesnt fix it reliably.
    If anyone has an idea or suggestion i would very much appreciate input on this matter!
    I am at a loss at this point what to try next. But i gotta say for a €800,-- monitor i had to spend way too much time on problem solving to get the proper experience. Dont get me wrong - when its doin what its supposed to be doin - this is a great monitor and i appreciate the experience, but my 1 year record strongly suggests dat there are issues dat should not be there.

Best regards,
    m

Hi mate yes its pain, can you please upload a photo using ur phone 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MOOMO
    Options
    thanks already used and icc profile nothing changed so 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    had you already contact Acer support service?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • mrdr
    mrdr Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a xb271h my picture is black a little too i think the problem with the driver. I install it but the driver turn back to the generic pvp monitor driver automatically.
    No matter what.
    I am not sure it is even working....