Aspire v5-591G screen upgrade (HD to Full HD)

Options
mado101
mado101 Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

I'd like to upgrage the screen on my Aspire V5-591G from HD (1366x768) to a FHD screen. I think this laptop ships with a FHD screen in some models.

My laptop:

Acer Aspire V5-591G-74U

S/N: NXG5WEB001

S/N SCREEN PANEL: LP156WHB-TPA1

*This screen (if I'm not wrong) is 30 pin EDP 1 lane

The thing is if the motherboard supports a 30 pin EDP 2 lanes cable although the actual screen is 1 lane, maybe the motherboard screen conector (the EDP LCD screen cable) is 2 lanes.

Could someone tell me if this laptop would support a full HD screen? if this notebook has the EDP cable (2 lanes)? 

And which screen would be compatible that was IPS FULL HD? 

Thank you very much

*(I hope I have explained clearly)

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade to a FHD screen, you don't need to change the cable, it will handle 2lanes display. I have compared few screens for you to consider, there were good feedbacks for AUO and BOE screens from the members those who have already done the upgrade but it's a personal preference and choose 
    whatever you like.
    http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=23481,24180,26503,19049

• mado101
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade to a FHD screen, you don't need to change the cable, it will handle 2lanes display. I have compared few screens for you to consider, there were good feedbacks for AUO and BOE screens from the members those who have already done the upgrade but it's a personal preference and choose 
    whatever you like.
    http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=23481,24180,26503,19049

Thank you very much for your answer :).

Are all the screens you've put IPS? because the LG screen says that it is IPS, but the BOE and the AUO do not specify it, or I am not able to find it.

If they are not IPS, do you know of any more that are IPS? 

And I guess the best will be the BOE .... 

Thank you very much again, I'll start looking for those screens in stores. And if I do not find any or they are very expensive, I will ask again for some other possibility, some other screen that is compatible with my laptop.
  • mado101
    Options
    And another question, will the battery be affected by placing a full HD ips screen or just full HD?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You are welcome :)  They are the technology used( or called) by the manufacturers, ADS and AHVA(Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle) provide a better experience than TN panels, there are others prefer TN panels as well, so as I said earlier it's a personal choice.
    https://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,117 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    mado101 said:
    And another question, will the battery be affected by placing a full HD ips screen or just full HD?
    Yes, FHD screens consume slightly more power and battery usage time will be reduced slightly.

• mado101
    Options
    :) OK thanks. It should not be a problem, considering the visual improvement.
  • mado101
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Any web where to buy some screens? Because I'm asking on eBay and they do not have the BOE screen ....only compatible models....
  • mado101
    Options
    Any other screen model that is compatible with my laptop? I can not find any of the two screens, the LG is not looking for it, I would prefer a BOE. Forgive so many questions :)
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    mado101 said:
    Any other screen model that is compatible with my laptop? I can not find any of the two screens, the LG is not looking for it, I would prefer a BOE. Forgive so many questions :)
    Don't worry, you can any number of questions, if you scroll down the pages in my links below all the compatible screens are listed, you need to avoid any Chi Mei screens, I don't like their quality, it's my opinion.
    I don't know your location but I can suggest a retailer who sells NV156FHM-N43 from Germany, they are very dependable but you need to find out the delivery cost and any import tax details. If this option is not viable for you, consider getting another available compatible screen from the list.
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.touchandscreen.de/&prev=search
    http://www.panelook.com/NV156FHM-N43_BOE_15.6_LCM_overview_26503.html
    http://www.panelook.com/B156HAN01.2_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_19049.html
  • mado101
    Options
    I'm from Spain
  • mado101
    edited December 2017
    Options
    What I do not understand is that some sellers say that the screen would not work when I asked a salesman about the screens they sell, when asking me some data of my laptop they say that it would not be possible to install a full HD screen. I guess it will be to avoid problems or claims.
  • mado101
    Options
    And, can theses AUO screens be compatible?

AUO B156HAN04.0:

Auo B156HAN04.0 HW0A
    Auo B156HAN04.0 HW1A
    Auo B156HAN04.0 HWBA

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes, they have to protect themselves , as you are in Europe, it's not a problem getting the screen from touchand screen, please get a confirmation that you will get the exact the exact screen and not a compatible screen(another make), I have bought screens from them and very reliable retailer.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    mado101 said:
    And, can theses AUO screens be compatible?

AUO B156HAN04.0:

Auo B156HAN04.0 HW0A
    Auo B156HAN04.0 HW1A
    Auo B156HAN04.0 HWBA

Hi,
    Yes, if you scroll down the page, you can view the compatible screen listed, the above screens are compatible with NV156FHM-N43 listed on the same page.
    http://www.panelook.com/B156HAN04.0 HWBA_AUO_15.6_LCM_overview_27401.html
  • mado101
    Options
    Thanks @brummyfan2. The last excuse that a vendor has given me: "Dear Sirs, you need this screen for your Notebook." 311610945900 You can't use Full HD in your notebook because your notebook has a WXGA display installed.Best regards "and" that my graphics card and motherboard were made and configured for the screen that came from the factory "
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    mado101 said:
    Thanks @brummyfan2. The last excuse that a vendor has given me: "Dear Sirs, you need this screen for your Notebook." 311610945900 You can't use Full HD in your notebook because your notebook has a WXGA display installed.Best regards "and" that my graphics card and motherboard were made and configured for the screen that came from the factory "
    Hi,
    You are welcome, I don't know what to say to be honest, I couldn't find any details in google search with the number they provided, anyway it's up to you to decide what course of action you take.
  • mado101
    Options
    nothing :)@brummyfan2 .I put it because I'm surprised what sellers say ... as excuses or whatever. Nothing else. It is a simple comment without major importance.

I hope that on the page you gave me, the German seller answers me and confirms that they will send me the BOE screen without compatible screens.

Thank you for your help.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    mado101 said:
    nothing :)@brummyfan2 .I put it because I'm surprised what sellers say ... as excuses or whatever. Nothing else. It is a simple comment without major importance.

I hope that on the page you gave me, the German seller answers me and confirms that they will send me the BOE screen without compatible screens.

Thank you for your help.
    You are welcome :)  wish you good luck for your upgrade.
  • mado101
    Options
    @brummyfan2 A question again. Does the AUO B156HAN04.1 screen (although it does not appear on compatible screens) would be compatible? 

because I ask a seller for the LG LP156WF6-SPB1 that is the one that was selling and the one that has is AUO B156HAN04.1 (67 €), I told him that at least it was AUO but that it did not appear on the page as compatible in www .panelook.com and he replied that it was and that this page was not a good reference. 
    That's why I'm asking you. That seller could get me the LG LP156WF6-SP1 in 15 days for € 95. 

I  have not yet been able to get any of the 3 SCREENS (LG, BOE, AUO). On the page of the German seller do not have the original BOE, still need to answer me about whether the LG or the AUO has them original (not compatible) about 80-85€