Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

FPS Drops on the HELIOS 300

Avel18Avel18 Posts: 4Member New User
edited January 13 in Predator Laptops
I bought the laptop around 2 weeks ago, and it was perfectly fine. It still is, however, during sessions where I play one game for more than an hour, fps significantly drops. E.G. Overwatch 120 FPS to 30 - 60 FPS, and Fortnite from 50 - 80 fps to 30 - 50. My temperatures aren't the issue as they stay between 70 and 80 degrees when gaming and my laptop doesn't thermal throttle at all. 
SPECS:
i7 7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz
16 GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

FAQ & Answers

• Try disabling Windows Game mode by going to

Start Menu > Settings Gear > Gaming > Game Mode

You may need to be inside the game to disable it.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • Avel18Avel18 Posts: 4Member New User
    It says that it supports game mode but it doesn't actually have the option to disable it. Only Game Bar, which is a separate section.
  • vedhsutharvedhsuthar Posts: 24Member Troubleshooter
    How did you installed fortnite? It gives error for me ! Just bought 2 weeks ago, nothing tweaked
  • ven98ven98 Posts: 2,472ACE Pathfinder
    Disable game bar. Make sure your Nvidia and intel drivers are up to date. I suggest you to install the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia's driver page.
    If your question is about a device you own or want information on, always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

I am not an Acer employee!
    ven98 said:
    Disable game bar. Make sure your Nvidia and intel drivers are up to date. I suggest you to install the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia's driver page.
    It helped reduce it, but it doesn't actually stop it from happening. Its alright now though.
    How did you installed fortnite? It gives error for me ! Just bought 2 weeks ago, nothing tweaked
    I just went on to their website and installed the launcher.
    When it's done downloading, just make an account and then install Fortnite. I can't link it since it doesn't allow me to but just search up "Epic Games Launcher" and it'll come up to download.