Where to reinstalled Audio Dolby Premium in my Acer Nitro 5 because it suddenly gone?

Hisyam_99
Hisyam_99 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought Acer Nitro 5 and the Dolby Audio suddenly gone. So i look for the driver from Acer Official website but i didnt find it. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Dolby audio installs together with the realtek driver. I suggest you to reinstall the realtek driver.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ic3b34r
    ic3b34r Member Posts: 24 Networker
    ven98 said:
    Dolby audio installs together with the realtek driver. I suggest you to reinstall the realtek driver.

DID YOU TRY IT!? Dolby audio IS NOT COME WITH REALTEK DRIVER, I was try it, You can only get it back by recovery to factory settings
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I have tried it on my device and dolby installs together with the realtek driver. It might be a different case with your device.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ic3b34r
    ic3b34r Member Posts: 24 Networker
    ven98 said:
    I have tried it on my device and dolby installs together with the realtek driver. It might be a different case with your device.
    No, I was try it with my VN7-593G black(4k), after I update driver from Acer's webiste, It will gone, I can only get it back by recovery
  • Ionim
    Ionim Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I also have a problem with my acer nitro 5 an515-52-71zx ( i7+ with optane memory ) 
    I reinstalled windows with all the drivers from acer  and now I don't have anymore dolby  audio, what can I do ? 
  • dclanz
    dclanz Member Posts: 112 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi all, please download the audio driver available from the Acer support page for your specific model (for example https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1&pn=NH.Q3RAA.002). Once you have downloaded the audio zip file, open it up and navigate to the Dax2 folder. Inside it copy the dax2_app_release_x64 to the desktop. Double click it to install the Dolby Audio X2 app. Launch the newly installed Dolby Audio app from the start menu. I hope this helps.
    If a post helps or answers your question, be sure to hit the like button so the poster knows they were helpful.
    Try using the search function before posting, as your question may have been asked and resolved before.
    Be sure to check out my Acer An515-42 Clean Install Guide.
  • GeekGirl
    GeekGirl Member Posts: 2 New User
    The solution for your problem with Dolby Audio in any version:
    1. Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ 
    2. Search Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
    3. Download the utility, install & run it. Utility will scan your device, and if it found new versions of drivers, you can install it.
    4. Install new versions of drivers, reset your notebook.
    5. Dolby should work again. PROFIT.
    I got the same problem with my Nitro 5 AN 515-31, but after updating Intel drivers Dolby started to work again. Just do not forget to upgrade your drivers properly.
  • jaxmoth
    jaxmoth Member Posts: 1 New User
    KedWalker said:
    It's easy to install
    1. Install Realtek driver from acer support website 
    2. After finish install please locate dolby setup at C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\DAX2
    should be install API first (dax2_api_release_x64.msi)
    then install APP second (dax2_app_release_x64.msi)
    3. Successful INSTALL!!!
    Hola ! hoy tuve el problema y tu post me lo soluciono muchas gracias amigo , el dolby se me elimino completamente y no tuve la necesidad de reinstalar el drive realtek, solo fui a los archivos de programa en el disco C y busque la carpeta REALTEK y busque AUDIO y instale nuevamente el API RELEASE y desúes el APP RELEASE , ahora gracias a tu post puedo disfrutar nuevamente de dolby , gracias amigo 
  • Bharat448
    Bharat448 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I had the same problem. For some reason I couldn't find Dolby Audio in my device. Then I reinstalled Acer audio driver but no result. Then I opened "driver booster" and scanned for updates. "Driver booster" updated "Sound, Video, and game controllers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" Then "Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK (*64)" and "Dolby Audio X2 Windows App (*64)" bundleware added to my computer. Now I can find "Dolby Audio" on search.
     If you don't want to install 'Driver booster' then you can simply try Updating your 'Realtek high definition Audio' under "Sound, Video and game controllers" in 'Device Manager'. If this doesn't help try updating all your drivers via 'Driver booster'
  • Kirpich158
    Kirpich158 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

KedWalker said:
    It's easy to install
    1. Install Realtek driver from acer support website 
    2. After finish install please locate dolby setup at C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\Audio\DAX2
    should be install API first (dax2_api_release_x64.msi)
    then install APP second (dax2_app_release_x64.msi)
    3. Successful INSTALL!!!
    Thank you so much, I finnaly fixed it with your guide. Thanks bro
  • monojitmondal04
    monojitmondal04 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hisyam_99 said:
    I bought Acer Nitro 5 and the Dolby Audio suddenly gone. So i look for the driver from Acer Official website but i didnt find it. 
    bro just update the realtek audio driver under device manager section, this thing helps me out
    337455 Member Posts: 1 New User
    dclanz said:
    Hi all, please download the audio driver available from the Acer support page for your specific model (for example https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7605?b=1&pn=NH.Q3RAA.002). Once you have downloaded the audio zip file, open it up and navigate to the Dax2 folder. Inside it copy the dax2_app_release_x64 to the desktop. Double click it to install the Dolby Audio X2 app. Launch the newly installed Dolby Audio app from the start menu. I hope this helps.
    ty so muchh,i rlly apreciate it,i just reinstaled my windows for the first time..and somehow..i got some of the loses,right from the acer page,but i was wonder that i lost the dolby,u helped me so much ^^ (my eng sucks,shh) i resolved,and got it back,in les than 10 sec xdd merry christmas