Acer VL7860 Defective - all models

Options

Answers

• AUFR
    AUFR Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the response but the question comes from Satdream.
    Could you response to my questions
    AUFR said:
    Hi,
    good news, do you have more informations about this new firmware ? 
    bug of dynamic black fixed ?
    bug of acumotion (24hz) fixed
    new or updated options ?

regards,

Francis

• Chris78
    Chris78 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Totally agree with AUFR!
    What is the list of fixes/changes of this new firmware??
    Could you please explain in detail the update process? How much time will it take? Is there any cost for us?
    It is really a pity we cannot do the firmware update from home, as it is possible with any consumer electronic product...
    Looking forward for receiving your answers, thanks
  • satdream
    satdream Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Is it possible to get a firmware release detailled correction update ?
  • dayon
    dayon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    on the projectors for sale now everything works? I should buy but I can not hear your statement on the resolution of previous problems.
  • Banffy
    Banffy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Acer-Manny
    I'm looking at possibly buying Optoma UHZ65 or Acer VL7860 which is a lot cheaper for around the same spec. Can you confirm the findings of AUFR questions and will all projectors being sold have these bugs fixed?
    Kind Regards
    Banffy
  • Jogard
    Jogard Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi Acer-Manny

Could you plz give a "patch note" ?

Because having to return the projector to a "local acer service center" is f*** pain in the a**
    So before doing it i'd like to know what is corrected.

- 24hz Accumotion / color ?
    - DB shutting down the laser
    - Laser intensity ?

Thanks

Edited by Acer-Tim, Reason: Profanity.

• Apsalar
    Apsalar Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello Acer-Manny,

I'm one of the happy owners of this projector, and I'm really enjoying it a lot (every day since I have it !!), so it would be really helpful to know the content of the firmware release to help us decide when to send it back (because we guess it'll take at least one or two weeks to get it back).
    Please understand that it will be hard for us to part from it  :)

Thanks a lot for your help, it'll be greatly appreciated !
  • AUFR
    AUFR Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello Acer-Manny,

no response for many questions .... could you respond as soon as possible to all of us please

Thanks in advance.

Francis
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Sorry for delay response, the firmware update addresses the folowing issues reported:

Black screen on Dynamic black

Acumotion/Acucolor not work under 24hz

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Apsalar
    Apsalar Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks for the information Acer-Manny !
    I sent my projector for upgrade yesterday :)

Regards,
  • Artorius
    Artorius Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Really Acer, its February and you still shipping VL7860 with the buged C04 firmware. I got the VL7860 today with FWC04!!! Whats wrong with your ***** company?
  • stillbored
    stillbored Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi sent mine back 3 weeks ago. Phoned today they said it is waiting on a part so how can this be a firmware update.i should have asked for a new one as thay have had it longer than i have.
  • Banffy
    Banffy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi
    Acer-Manny

Dear All,

we received in Europe the final firmware update C06, solving the Dynamic Black issue and missing Accumotion in 24p, btw introducing image improvement that nobody is able today to qualify (probably a best accurate Brillant Color in HDR, and sharp/accurate image more precise, better than UHZ65 is today providing).

Please find, after 10hours of calibration session with spectrometer iPhoto 2, the best settings for the ACER VL7860 as on French forums shared

In the same time, the "challenge" was to reduce as much as possible AECs via the most reduced deltaE, it is now clear that the deltaE/AECs are linked as a small deltaE impact the wheels avoiding useless rotations to produce a color.

Consequently, the average HDR deltaE is at 0.9, and the SDR close to 0.4

Optimized SDR/HDR settings Firmware C06 VL7860 https://ibb.co/h5oPsc

WARNING: a new bug was introduced with C06 firmware, not very impacting, but: CMS is wrong between Yellow and Magenta, setting Yellow it changes the Magenta and the opposite ...

provided settings include bug, and gives the setting to introduce via Menu, but to be clear: yellow settings will change the Magenta, and Magenta settings the Yellow ...
    So Acer-Manny  would this indicate a new bug with C06 firmware
  • stillbored
    stillbored Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi all. still not got it back. now going on 6 weeks. I am going to phone shop ware i got it to ask for a new one.this is a joke 6 weeks for a firmware update.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    Hi Banffy,

I got confirmation that a fix has been pushed for the Magenta/ Yellow settings (Color management settings issue), again the projector needs to be sent for repair on your nearest Acer repair center.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • dayon
    dayon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    is it true that there is a new firmware? Hello
  • d_breuer
    d_breuer Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello Acer-Manny, Hello all,

I am a concered, new owner of the Acer VL7860 and would like to ask about the latest firmware for this projector and some more details regarding the different firmware versions available as of now.

After reading through this discussion thread, my understanding is as follow:
    C04: initial shipment version with 2 major issues: 1) "black screen with dynamic black" + 2) "no acumotion under 24hz" issues
    - C06: fixes the above 2 issues but introduces a new one: "color management settings issue" (magenta/yellow)
    - Cxx (?): announced / confirmed end of April 2018; should also fix the "color management settings issue" 

- last not least: all 
    firmware updates need to be requested via http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ by registering the unit for repair and then sending it to the nearest Acer service / repair center.

Is that a correct summary? Can you please confirm availability of the new firmware version (incl. release notes) and confirm that the unit has to be registered and sent for repair again?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
    d_breuer
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi d_breuer,

Here is the correct order: 
    - C04: initial shipment version
    - C06: fixes the initial shipment version with 2 major issues: 1) "black screen with dynamic black" + 2) "no acumotion under 24hz" issues
    - C07: fixes the above 2 issues but introduces a new one: "color management settings issue" (magenta/yellow)

An yes, it needs to be sent in to the nearest service center for repair.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • d_breuer
    d_breuer Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

thank you very much for your very fast reply! Much appreciated! =)

So if I understand your answer coorrectly, then C06 is still the latest version? Do you also have any update on the new firmware version:
    - C07 (?): announced / confirmed end of April 2018; should also fix the "color management settings issue" 

And one more thing that I forgot in my last post: apparently there are two hardware revisions of the unit:
    (as listed e.g. on the German webpage: https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/models/projectors/vl7ultrahdseries)
    - MR.JPX11.001 and MR.JPX11.002

Do you have any further info on this? (like e.g. the differences between the two?) How do I find out what hardware revision I have?
    And: do the same firmware versions (C04-C06/C07) apply to both revisions? 

Many thanks in advance again and best regards,
    d_breuer
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Options
    d_breuer said:

thank you very much for your very fast reply! Much appreciated! =)

So if I understand your answer coorrectly, then C06 is still the latest version? Do you also have any update on the new firmware version:
    - C07 (?): announced / confirmed end of April 2018; should also fix the "color management settings issue" 

And one more thing that I forgot in my last post: apparently there are two hardware revisions of the unit:
    (as listed e.g. on the German webpage: https://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/models/projectors/vl7ultrahdseries)
    - MR.JPX11.001 and MR.JPX11.002

Do you have any further info on this? (like e.g. the differences between the two?) How do I find out what hardware revision I have?
    And: do the same firmware versions (C04-C06/C07) apply to both revisions? 

Many thanks in advance again and best regards,
    d_breuer
    Sorry i just corrected my typo error, version 07 is the last one with the magenta/yellow fix.

As of the listed projectors on the German Acer site, this part number 
    MR.JPX11.001 is a sku that Acer distibuted to retailers and this part MR.JPX11.002 is a sku that is only sale in the Acer online store only. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
This discussion has been closed.