How to enter BIOS if i set a supercisor-password?

Options
dariusduesentrieb
dariusduesentrieb Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I set a supervisor-password for my Swift 3 SF314-52 to activate the F12-boot-menu. Now I can't access the BIOS anymore when I push F2 at startup. Instead, i get a black screen with that white underscore at the top right corner. I tried to enter my password, (i remember it very well it was 'password'...) but that didn't work.
I am honestly not sure if the reason for this behavior is that I set a supervisor-password, maybe the reason is that I installed Linux before, however, i don't believe, that a Linux installation should change BIOS-settings.
Thx in advance for anwser!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,583 Trailblazer
    Options
    You gotta be fast with tapping the F2 key from a cold boot. In fact, start tapping the F2 key before you even try to power up. Keep tapping away at F2 while you power up till something good happens. Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dariusduesentrieb
    dariusduesentrieb Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options
    I solved the issue by updating the BIOS to version 1.07, thanks anyway.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,583 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hello everyone,

We are sorry to hear this.  We would like to thank you for reporting it and for providing us with information we can use to investigate this problem. The issue has been escalated and is being investigated.

This topic will be updated once we have a solution for this issue.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Hello,

Unfortunately, the unit will have to be revise by a technician in our Service Center, please contact your local Acer support to have it setup for repair.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny