Aspire A515-41G-F2SH restart problem

Options
pufanalexandru
pufanalexandru Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have just bought this brand new laptop form an online shop and installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 64b on it. I have an annoying problem with random restarts that occur almost daily. Is there any way I can check if this is a software related problem, or if it's just faulty hardware? The restarts happen whether the laptop is plugged in or not. Also, no intensive tasks, just navigating the internet.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    call your seller or Acer support service...WHEA is a bad beast! :D
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options
    download this tool, whocrashed:

before running it, browse to C:\windows\minidump
    delete all files apart the first 2-3 files (newest)
    then install whocrashed and run it
    click on Analyze
    report here the result.
  • pufanalexandru
    Options
    This is the result. So, this means that it's a hardware problem, right?

System Information (local)

Computer name: DESKTOP-0H4286O
    Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 16299
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: Aspire A515-41G, Acer, BR, Wartortle_BS
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX-9800P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G AMD586, level: 21
    4 logical processors, active mask: 15
    RAM: 8008355840 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis
    Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 12-Dec-17 19:25:40 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121217-13187-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x759F9F)
    Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8D89352928F8, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
    call your seller or Acer support service...WHEA is a bad beast! :D
  • pufanalexandru
    Options
    Unfortunately, in the meantime, I've sent it to warranty two times. Every time they changed the motherboard and told me the problem is solved, but the laptop is still restarting randomly. Any suggestions for what should I do or whom should I talk to? The warranty is at the official Acer distributor in my country.
  • IronFly
    Options
    No other ideas and it's ilkind of odd that changing the motherboard doesn't fix your issue.
  • BeerBaron
    BeerBaron Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    Hi! try disabling the "Fast startup" option on power settings:

1.) Type in "Control Panel" in the Search bar on the left side of the taskbar, and click on the result to open the Control Panel.

2.) Click "Hardware and Sound"

3.) Under "Power Options" click on "Choose what the power buttons do"

4.) You will see settings on the bottom that are grayed-out. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" to unlock them.

5.) Now, UN-CHECK the "turn on fast startup (recommended)" option, and save your changes.

6.) SHUT DOWN your computer, then turn it back on.

I suffered of random restarts also on my AN515-41 and this helped. So far, 7 straight days without reebots.

Regards and good luck!

• shelhui
    shelhui Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been having this issue ever since I bought an Acer A515-41G-F0LI in 20/12/2017. Sent the laptop for repair in 20 Jan 2018, got a completely new replacement, and less than 2 weeks later the problem appeared again. Going to try the solution BeerBaron and report back if it works. Thanks.
  • shelhui
    shelhui Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    shelhui said:
    Hi guys, I've been having this issue ever since I bought an Acer A515-41G-F0LI in 20/12/2017. Sent the laptop for repair in 20 Jan 2018, got a completely new replacement, and less than 2 weeks later the problem appeared again. Going to try the solution BeerBaron and report back if it works. Thanks.
    Ok, it has been 1 week since my last post, and after I unchecked the fast startup button, no random restarts had occurred again for 1 week. Gonna try for another week to see if the problem occurs again, but it looks like this is really a solution if you got random restarts on an Acer laptop.
  • Rasmus
    Rasmus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    BeerBaron said:
    Hi! try disabling the "Fast startup" option on power settings:

1.) Type in "Control Panel" in the Search bar on the left side of the taskbar, and click on the result to open the Control Panel.

2.) Click "Hardware and Sound"

3.) Under "Power Options" click on "Choose what the power buttons do"

4.) You will see settings on the bottom that are grayed-out. Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable" to unlock them.

5.) Now, UN-CHECK the "turn on fast startup (recommended)" option, and save your changes.

6.) SHUT DOWN your computer, then turn it back on.

I suffered of random restarts also on my AN515-41 and this helped. So far, 7 straight days without reebots.

Regards and good luck!

Will this affect the pc's performance and/or start up time?