Acer Aspire 5830TG I need help

samsimon
samsimon Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I was watching a movie then, no bootable device they it is open to 5 minutes then no bootable device I change the windows I got error and restart after 5 minutes or no bootable device I  took it to  ensure services from Acer website first they refused to take it because it is over 4 years and after I forced him to took it they told me that they don't have spare parts and they didn't do anything not even opening it and I have to came to receive it 
Job card - 0002868308

They called me and she said that they didn't do anything in my laptop because they don't have spare parts 
Could you please tell me what should I do?, did I lost all my data any my money, you couldn't expect how expensive laptop became in Egypt these days I can't afford a new one 
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
I need help

Answers

• samsimon
    I  didn't resive my laptop yet from them but they told me that Acer told them to end life it is unacceptable 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    When you get it back try to repair as shown in the video. Let us know how it goes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• samsimon
    I tried to do it but it is not working and I tried autorepair but I got this message 
    Your PC/Device need to be repaired 
    The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system 
    File:\Boot\BCD
    Error code: 0xc0000098
    You'll need to use recovery tools if you don't have installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer can you please me 
  • JackE
    Try running autorepair 2 more times. And also note if there are any different codes other than  0xc0000098. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• samsimon
    After more than two hours I open it but if I just moved i will get the same error no network no bootable device 
  • JackE
    How are you try to do "autorepair"? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• samsimon
    I tried inserting a USB memory with a bootable windows version. It works temporarily until  I move the laptop even if slowly
    Whenever the laptop is moved  or touched .a blue screen shows up then it says no bootable device
  • JackE
    OK. I think you must try to re-seat the HDD connector a few times to clean its connections to the mainboard possibly due to dirt or corrosion. Google "5830TG" "disassembly" with the quotes for instructions. It also would be helpful to re-seat any ribbon cable connectors that you find leading to a USB port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon

Fix #1: Rebuild BCD via Easy Recovery Essentials

Easy Recovery Essentials’ one-click automated system repair feature incorporates full repair and reconstruction of the BCD to resolve the “0xc0000098” error, even in cases where Windows won’t boot as a result of the error.

Easy Recovery Essentials is guaranteed to fix the “0xc0000098” error automatically using its built-in Automated Repair option. EasyRE is currently available for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and can be downloaded and created on any PC.

1. Download Easy Recovery Essentials. Make sure to note your Windows version (XP, Vista, 7 or 8) before you download EasyRE. This guide can help you identify what version of Windows you have installed.
    2. Burn the image. Follow these instructions on how to burn the bootable ISO image very carefully, as making a bootable CD can be tricky! Alternatively, these instructions explain how to create a bootable EasyRE recovery USB stick/drive.
    3. Boot up your PC from the Easy Recovery Essentials CD or USB you created.
    4. Once EasyRE is running, choose the “Automated Repair” option and click Continue.
      EasyRE Home

Choose “Automated Repair” in Easy Recovery Essentials

5. After EasyRE scans your computer’s drives, identify and select the drive letter for your Windows installation from the list, and then click on the Automated Repair button to begin.
      EasyRE displays a list of found Windows operating systems

Choose the drive associated with the Windows installation you’re trying to repair.

6. Easy Recovery Essentials will start analyzing the selected drive for problems. EasyRE will test for and attempt to automatically correct errors with the disk, partition, bootsector, filesystem, bootloader, and registry. No intervention is required, as EasyRE’s repair is fully automated:
      EasyRE Automated Repair

Easy Recovery Essentials searches for errors and makes corrections to the selected Windows installation.

7. Once the process is complete, EasyRE will report its findings. Click on the Restart button to reboot your PC and test the changes.
    8. The “0xc0000098” error should now be fixed as your PC begins to load:
      EasyRE Automated Repair

Windows, booting up successfully.

You can download Easy Recovery Essentials from here.

Fix #2: Run Startup Repair

On Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, Startup Repair can be used to scan the system for damaged or missing system files to replace the BCD file if it has no entries.

Windows Setup CD/DVD Required!
    Some of the solutions below require the use of the Microsoft Windows setup CD or DVD. If your PC did not come with a Windows installation disc or if you no longer have your Windows setup media, you can use Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows instead. EasyRE will automatically find and fix many problems, and can also be used to solve this problem with the directions below.

Startup Repair is an automated diagnosis and repair tool that is available from the Windows setup disc and can be used to find and repair some common problems. More information about how Startup Repair operates and what it does can be found in our knowledgebase. The following steps will initiate Startup Repair from the Windows setup disc:

Unable to boot into the Windows setup CD?
    See our guide on setting up a PC to boot from the CD or DVD for troubleshooting and more detailed instructions.

1. Insert your Windows installation DVD into your PC’s CD-ROM drive,
    2. Fully power down your PC, and make sure it has fully shut off,
    3. Power up your PC,
    4. Press any key when you see “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD..”
    5. Click the link titled “Repair your computer” in the bottom-lefthand corner, after first selecting your language and keyboard options.
      Windows 7 setup Install Now dialog with repair your computer link
    6. Wait for Startup Repair to scan your PC for Windows installations, then select your install from the list it shows:
      Startup repair lists available operating systems to repair
    7. Choose “Startup Repair” from the list of available recovery options to begin:
      Startup Repair lists all available recovery options choose a recovery tool
    8. Startup Repair will begin scanning your installation for known issues and will attempt a repair, if possible.
      Windows Startup Repair is searching for problems

Here is an example of what the PC’s startup repair should look like once the BCD file is properly restored:

Missing BCD file restored by Startup Repair

Empty BCD file restored by Startup Repair

Fix #3: Rebuild the BCD manually

Since the boot error is often caused by an empty BCD file, rebuilding it is often a good solution.

Here are the steps to rebuild the BCD:

1. Boot from the Windows install disc
    2. Click on Repair your computer after selecting proper language, time and keyboard input.
    3. Select the Windows installation drive, which is usually C:\, and click Next
    4. Choose Command Prompt when the System Recovery Options box appears
    5. Write the following command and press Enter afterwards:
      bootrec /rebuildbcd
    6. If the program finds a Windows installation and asks whether it should add it to the boot list, press Y

Here is an example screenshot of what the PC’s console output should look like once Bootrec is done rebuilding the BCD.

Bootrec utility results screen

Bootrec utility results screen

Fix #4: Run sfc utility

On Windows Vista and Windows 7, it is possible to use the built-in Windows SFC(system file checker) tool to automatically scan a computer’s system files and repair them if necessary.

Here are the steps to run SFC:

1. Boot from your Windows install disc
    2. Click on Repair your computer after selecting proper language, time and keyboard input.
      sfc /scannow /offbootdir=D:\ /offwindir=D:\Windows\

Replace D: with the letter of the driver where Windows is installed, and D:\Windows with the Windows folder location.

Here is an example of what the PC’s console output should look like once the sfc.exe scan is complete and missing files are successfully restored:

System files restored by the SFC utility

System files restored by the SFC utility

Fix #5: Check your disk with CHKDSK utility

If the hard drive has its file integrity compromised, it is possible to use built-in Windows CHKDSK utility to scan the disk and fix the file system errors.

Here are the steps to run CHKDSK:

1. Boot from your Windows install disc
      chkdsk C: /f

Replace C: with the letter of the driver where Windows is installed.

Here is an example of what the PC’s console output should look like once the chkdsk.exe is complete:

Chkdsk utility results screen

Chkdsk utility results screen