Predator Helios 300 Temps?

JumboCorn
JumboCorn Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Is it safe for my predator helios 300 to get up to 80-87 C? I play gta v sometimes and it reaches these temps... I keep it on vsync and try to lower graphical settings but is it still unsafe? Let me know.

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    To turn the fans to max speed, you use the application on your desktop called Predator Sense.

As for cooling pads, they do work. Now, they do not work miracles, but they will lower the temperature some.

And I'm currently working on a sticky thread. This is what I have in it:

CPU Undervolting – Lowering the amount of voltage (power) the CPU is using. Used to reduce temperatures, but can cause system instability with too much undervolting. 

Undervolting is a bit more complicated and not really necessary in your case.

But to be honest, your temperatures are good compared to what others experience sometimes.

Skelo

Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• Skelomorph
    edited December 2017
    Those temperatures are OK, but as long as they stay below 90C for the CPU, you should be fine. If you are worried there are some things you can try to get it down.

1. Using Predator Sense, put fans on max speed.
    2. Keep the laptop elevated, or buy a laptop cooling pad (I got mine for less than $10)
    3. Undervolt the CPU

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • JumboCorn

Tinkerer

Do laptops cooling pads really work??? And how do you have max the fans, like what is it under and what is undervolting sorry im so nooby
  • JumboCorn

Tinkerer

Oh, and maybe you could link me the cooling pad?
  • Skelomorph
    Answer ✓
    To turn the fans to max speed, you use the application on your desktop called Predator Sense.

As for cooling pads, they do work. Now, they do not work miracles, but they will lower the temperature some.

And I'm currently working on a sticky thread. This is what I have in it:

CPU Undervolting – Lowering the amount of voltage (power) the CPU is using. Used to reduce temperatures, but can cause system instability with too much undervolting. 

Undervolting is a bit more complicated and not really necessary in your case.

But to be honest, your temperatures are good compared to what others experience sometimes.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss