Touch pad buttons not working

Sharman
Sharman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have Aspire E5-774G. At the end of Nov 2017, the buttons on the touch pad stopped working. Gestures work fine but not the left click or right click buttons work. I have reloaded the drivers but nothing seems to fix this issue? Any suggestions welcome

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Follow the instruction here to perform a battery reset. After reseting the battery let the device rest for at least 10 minutes, before connecting to mains and powering it on.

If it doesn't work, go to BIOS settings and set the touchpad mode to basic and then reset the device and set it back to advanced.

Last chance is to download and install latest BIOS version from here. Current latest version is 1.27. To check your current BIOS version open 'RUN' and enter 'msinfo32'. In system summary you will find it. If the BIOS is outdated, download latest BIOS and install it. Before executing the installation make sure battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger. The system may restart several times, so don't attempt to turn it off.

If any of these don't help I suggest you to contact Acer support in your region.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Sharman
    Sharman Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, I performed the battery reset and I upgraded the BIOS from 1.23 to 1.27 as suggested, but unfortunately this did not work.
    It is my boss' laptop, so I think I will plan to reset it while he is on vacation. 
  • mazidms
    mazidms Member Posts: 1 New User
    • acer5750 laptop left right buttons not working
  • mazidms said:
    • acer5750 laptop left right buttons not working

Hi,
    You could try reinstalling the keyboard driver, go to Device manager, expand Keyboard, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, click unnstall this device, reboot and let Windows install the driver, HTH.