Acer Aspire E14 E5-411-C3K3

Options
36Neil9011
36Neil9011 Member Posts: 13 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer E14 E5-411-C3K3 with Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing ( 64 bit ).The laptop was brought brand new with the O/S already installed.My web browser is Chrome 62 and have just recently upgraded the memory from 2GB  to 4GB ( Kingston ).My question is that over a period of time, I have been using my wifi adaptor with no problems until I move to another room where it switches off and stating there is no internet connection.I have also had to reset the laptop sometimes by switching off laptop, removing battery, pressing power button on laptop for a few seconds and then replacing battery and powering up again.I have also reset the wireless modem by unplugging for 1 minute and this somtimes resets the wifi adaptor.I have also noticed within DDevice Manager that the Wireless Adaptor does not appear when not working although it shows up in hidden devices.Wireless Adaptor is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x

Answers

• Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, 
    I would suggest to perform a BIOS default and also check the status for Windows update. If any update history has any failed updates try to make sure that the Operating system is up to date. 

• marco14
    marco14 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    E5 411 C3K3 can i upgrade may ram ? thnks