Wi-Fi not working on Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012

Options
nologic
nologic Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives

Hello

I'm having problems trying to fix an issue with my Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012 network adapter. It's a Broadcom 802.11abgn SDIO Wireless SDIO Adapter. My Wi-Fi icon says "no networks available" and my Bluetooth stopped working completely as well. On the device manager page, Broadcom Serial Bus Driver over UART Bus Enumerator displays an exclamation mark. (Device cannot start - Code 10).

What I have already tried:

1) Tried a bunch of different Wi-Fi routers and access points;

2) Attempted to restore + reset the system to factory settings;

3) Deleted adapters + tried different Broadcom and Intel drivers;

4) Command Prompt Commands;

5) Reinstalled ‘clean’ Windows 8.1 / Windows 10;

6) Tried different BIOS versions

… but the problem still persist.

Now, my configuration is BIOS 1.20, Windows 10, Broadcom 5.93.102.19, Broadcom Serial Bus Driver over UART Bus Enumerator 12.0.1.722.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Any suggestions?

I would appreciate any help.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sure sounds like hardware to me, you've pretty much handled any of the issues you might see on the software side. It's not the easy hardware issue where the antennas get disconnected though, since that wouldn't throw driver errors. Unfortunately I believe that all models of the SW5-012 have the wireless module soldered to the motherboard, so likely not worth repairs...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BlackLotthus
    BlackLotthus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem on a Asus. It seems it's a common problem with this driver as I found reports with the problem from few years ago and in various computer brands. I asked on Microsoft Support forums and they told me to downgrade to Windows 8 since Code 10 marks for an incompatibility. I gave up and bought a WLAN USB and problem fixed,
  • rezafarrokhi78
    rezafarrokhi78 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    :( I Also have same problem plz help
  • Vik
    Vik Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same issue with my system too. The Bluetooth works fine though. 
  • billsey
    Options

Vik, does yours also give the driver error display as the OP indicated, or is it just not seeing networks?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rode7077
    rode7077 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Having same issue, however, I see no one has really found the issue to resolve it. If that's the case, I probably should not purchase another Aspire E series at all.  
  • rode7077
    rode7077 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Where is the wifi switch located to see if off/on is selected?

• billsey
    Options
    Rode7077, are you working with the same model as the original poster was? Aspire E series doesn't sound like the SW5-012... If you are on a different platform it's better to start your own thread.