More about temps

Options
TimmyLee
TimmyLee Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I am not a gamer, I simply use it for editing videos and photos, but I haven't even done that yet on my 300.  I know nothing about these except I did open the Predator Sense and it seems to be running around 122 degrees F.  Isn't that odd?  Seems a little high, especially when the bottom or back of the laptop is not warm at all.  Also, why does it seem to be running on the integrated graphics card rather than the 1060.  Would that be an automated switch when the load gets heavy n graphics use?

Best Answer

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Generally, computer temperatures are monitored in centigrade, and under heavy loads can get up to 90c or higher, which is around 180f.

The gtx 1060 is only used on graphic intense applications, or you can manually set it to run. Why the integrated graphics is the default is for battery consumption.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Generally, computer temperatures are monitored in centigrade, and under heavy loads can get up to 90c or higher, which is around 180f.

The gtx 1060 is only used on graphic intense applications, or you can manually set it to run. Why the integrated graphics is the default is for battery consumption.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss