How to fix the static sound on my new acer aspire 5?

Options
tcliu
tcliu Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I just bought a acer aspire 5 four days ago, whenever i listen to music, watching videos, and play games, as long as my speaker is on, there is a very loud static noise playing on the background. Is there anyone know how to fix this problem? Let me know. Thanks a lot 

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    You could try disabling Acer true Harmony or reinstalling the sound driver. 
    Go to Sound Properties(right click speaker icon, select Playback devices), highlight Speakers, select properties and untick "Enable" in True Harmony tab.

• Mahi324
    Mahi324 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Acer Aspire 5, crackling sound when I play some thing in Youtube. This problem is gone temporarily after I restart laptop. After few hours this issue is back. I called customer care, uninstalled the audio drivers as they mentioned but the problem is back again. I called acer customer care 2nd time, this time they asked me to reset the laptop to factory settings. After resetting the problem is same again :( . They asked me to send my laptop to get it repaired as I have 90 days software warrenty (they have mentioned that they are not responsible if there is any physical damage in transit and I have to pay for the repair as well). 
    NEVER BUY ACER LAPTOP AGAIN.
  • CristianB
    CristianB Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hello.
    I had a similar problem with my acer a515-51G and I tried the link below. To be precise, I changed the sound format and it worked! If that doesn't work, you have 3 more options to choose.
    Link: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/laptop-speakers-crackling-on-windows-10-solved/
  • themacmeister
    themacmeister Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I also have the a515-51G and suffer the same issue. Also, terrible feedback/hum when laptop is shutdown and speakers are still connected?!

I have tried changing the format, and will report back!
  • Nice4What
    Nice4What Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Any news on this?
  • Nice4What
    Nice4What Member Posts: 72 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Anything before I return my laptop?