Battery Backup issue with "Predator G3-572"

ujjwal
ujjwal Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have recently bought "Predator G3-572", everything is working fine except the battery performance.

As per the official website, the company says that this laptop should give backup up to 9hours, however, my laptop just last between 2Hr 30 minutes to 3 hours. on continuous video playback.

Is there an issue with the battery?

Please help

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    if you are still under warranty, contact Acer support service.

keep in mind that monitor brightness can reduce a lot the battery performance.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited December 2017
    To reach the advertised battery runtime, you have to leave the laptop idle at minimum brightnes and battery saver turned on. Here is a review(skip to battery section) of the 17inch model, which is practically the same just bigger in size. The video playback is done at minimum brightness.

Here are another tests, but the brightness and other variables aren't mentioned. It is g3-571, which isn't different from g3-572. Skip to emissions>battery runtime.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Gokulprasath
    Gokulprasath Member Posts: 1 New User
    yes,I too bought it from flipkart and facing the same battery backup issue.As battery capacity is only 48Wt,it will drain quickly.We should use by plucking the charger always.