SP515-51GN-807G SSD upgrade

Options
francodc
francodc Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, I just got the SP515-51GN-807G, I comes with a 1TB HDD and no SSD. I saw that the motherboard has a M.2 SSD connector, will a M.2 NVMe SSD work? or wich M.2 SSD should I buy?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Download HWINFO. Expand the section called 'Bus'. If you find an empty PCI Express Root Port>PCI Express x4 Bus, that means your M.2 port supports NVMe. In my case I already have an SSD installed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Download HWINFO. Expand the section called 'Bus'. If you find an empty PCI Express Root Port>PCI Express x4 Bus, that means your M.2 port supports NVMe. In my case I already have an SSD installed.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• listedpoo
    listedpoo Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    okay one more question ven98.
    i have a SP515-51-858z, iv removed all the screws on the back cover. i can not work out how to lift the back cover of. do i slide?
  • ven98
    Options
    listedpoo said:
    okay one more question ven98.
    i have a SP515-51-858z, iv removed all the screws on the back cover. i can not work out how to lift the back cover of. do i slide?
    As you have already removed all 11 screws, follow these steps:
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• CqvSDnuW
    CqvSDnuW Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    So does anyone know if it is NVMe compatible? And I couldn't find anywhere if it actually has an m.2 slot even though it doesn't come with an SSD. Can anyone confirm?
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options
    said:
    So does anyone know if it is NVMe compatible? And I couldn't find anywhere if it actually has an m.2 slot even though it doesn't come with an SSD. Can anyone confirm?

Hi,
    Yes, it's compatible with NVMe SSD.
    http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Spin-SP515-51GN/70560