Can I hook a Nintendo Switch to my Acer XB280HK? How easy would it to be to use both PC and console?

Options
Enfield
Enfield Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
So I'm planning to get a Nintendo Switch console sometime in the future. But I want to know, how easy is it to hook it up to my XB280HK monitor? I mostly use my PC for everything, but mostly gaming (GTX 980+ on it). Still, I want to be able to play other exclusive titles. How easy would it be to use my Monitor on both my PC and Switch console? Do I need an HDMI splitter or some other device to make the source swapping easier? Please help, thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    apart the upscale that the XB280HK will do (Switch output is 1080p and your monitor native resolution is 4K), you will need an HDMI switcher that supports 4K or you will reduce your PC output resoution to 1080p.

i think it will work with a 4k HDMI switcher.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Enfield
    Options
    Hi there, thanks for the reply. But I'm not too sure if it will really help me here. The monitor uses a DisplayPort connection to the PC. I don't think it supports an HDMI connection. https://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/monitors/orestis-bastounis/acer-predator-xb280hk-4k-display-with-nvidia-g-sync/2/

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I suggested that reading your post about HDMI splitter.

By the way, at this point, you need a Digital port switcher and a HDMI to digital port cabke for the nintendo.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Enfield
    Options
    Well, thanks for the help anyway. In the end I decided to go with a Fosmon HD8024 + DP-to-HDMI converter.

I plan to use an HDMI to DisplayPort converter to make use of that switcher, since the monitor is silly in that it only has one port connection, and it's just DP (no dual DP's or HDMI). Anyway, I hope it works out.