How to update BIOS? - spin513-51

Options
ncn999
ncn999 Member Posts: 8 New User
My spin513-51 have 3 BIOS update files. Does i need execute all 3 files or only newest file ?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to do one by one, try the first update, let the laptop get settled, then do the next one and finally the latest BIOS. Take care while carrying out BIOS update because BIOS update may brick your laptop.
    1. Download BIOS from Acer site, extract it to your desktop.
    2.Disconnect any USB peripherals( wifi mouse, keyboard or any external HDD, Printers etc)
    3.The laptop may not respond for a period of time, do not switch off while carrying out update, do not touch any buttons.
    4.Make sure that the battery is 100% charged and you will not have power failure, so select a suitable time.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    1) first you need to know, which version is already installed on your laptop
    windows logo + r keys
    type
    msinfo32

report BIOS version date
    2) you can update using the latest one, no need to execute each one.
    unzip the downloaded file and run the exe file with the AC charger connected and battery at 100%
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • EmileyMolly
    EmileyMolly Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Is there any way to Update BIOS with Acer Utility tools? As I am unable to find any such tool for Acer. As there are many OEMs who offer the same but why is it so complex to update BIOS in Acer? Please help me with some ways to update windows 10 bios.

Thanks
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @EmileyMolly you should start a new thread for your question. What model of laptop do you have? Which BIOS are you running right now? Why do you want to update it? Normally the BIOS update is done right from within Windows, but you do need to make sure you are plugged into power when performing it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EmileyMolly
    EmileyMolly Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    @billsey Thanks for your proper guidance. You are really helping this community very effectively.