Pls help me for problem

Mikado
Mikado Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello I have a problem with how I have a laptop and play games I have 30 fps as I have a connected laptop I have 200 fps, please help me if it's a defect or a product fault, thank you best

Answers

• Mikado
    Mikado Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, I have a problem with how I have my laptop disconnected from the power supply and I play games I have 30 fps because I have a laptop I have 200 fps, help me if it's a fault or a product error, thank you best

• The screens on these laptops can display a max of 60 FPS, anything more is wasted power. To save on battery life, there is a setting in NVIDIA GeForce Experience that caps the FPS to 30. Now, it is possible to increase the limit, but I advise leaving it alone or only upping the limit to 45 or 60. If you unlock the fps cap, the battery on these laptops only last 20-30 minute max.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Have you enabled adaptive v-sync? When your system is not connected to charger, it works with about 50% of max performance(the CPU's and GPU's TDP gets reduced by half) and if your system can't sustain 60fps, v-sync will cap the frames to 30fps or 45fps. There is no way to remove the TDP limit, while the device isn't connected to mains, but even if there was way to remove it as Skelo wrote, the battery will get discharger within 30 minutes and its durability will get reduced much quicker.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited December 2017
    ven98 said:
    Have you enabled adaptive v-sync? When your system is not connected to charger, it works with about 50% of max performance(the CPU's and GPU's TDP gets reduced by half) and if your system can't sustain 60fps, v-sync will cap the frames to 30fps or 45fps. There is no way to remove the TDP limit, while the device isn't connected to mains, but even if there was way to remove it as Skelo wrote, the battery will get discharger within 30 minutes and its durability will get reduced much quicker.
    Yes sadly, its either one or the other. 

@ven98 too bad we can't get a sticky thread with some default information like this because we answer at least one of these questions a day. I answer this question as it is possible to increase performance, but there are the drawbacks you listed. It is up to the owner to decide whichever they want. Personally, I set the limit in GeForce Experience to 40 so even if there is a drop in FPS, it wont hit in the 10 or 20s where stuttering occurs, and if you do not have GeForce Experience installed, I don't even think the 30 FPS limit applies (maybe I'm wrong?). And adaptive V-Sync isn't an option on my laptop for some reason.

Throttled Performance (default, recommended)
    Pros: 
    -Better Battery life
    -Keeps battery healthier
    -Runs cooler (Since on battery, fans are set to passive/slower rpm for battery life)
    Cons:
    -Can cause slight stuttering in intense situations that cause FPS to drop

Full Performance
    Pros:
    -Slightly smoother game play
    -Higher FPS looks nice (anything above 60 you cannot see anyways, just wasted power)
    Cons: 
    -Drains battery a lot quicker
    -Decreases lifespan of battery
    -Would require higher fan RPM to keep cooler, which continues to drain battery

Sound somewhat accurate? lol

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What I have noticed is that panels with G-sync support adaptive V-sync, but adaptive V -sync is not related to G-sync and when G-sync is enabled adaptive V-sync can't be enabled.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!