Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-55NF --Wi-Fi won't turn on-

AdelinB
AdelinB Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
So i bought this laptop 1 week ago and it came with endless os. It didn't have any problems and the wifi was working. I don't like linux that much and i decided to install windows 10. After the installation i saw that i couldn't turn the wifi on. Thought that it was some driver related problem so i used the ethernet cable and downloaded the wifi driver but it still didn't work. checked out for updates for the wifi driver , found an update, installed it but the problem is still there. I can't use the fn+f3 thing to turn it on. On device manager it shows that the wlan adapter has no problem.
Model: A515-51G-55NF
The wifi driver i'm using: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
WLAN Standard: IEEE 802.11ac
So far i've tried to uninstall the wlan driver from device manager and restarted my laptop.
Tried to see if i have some option to turn the wifi adapter on from Bios.
Tried to turn it on from settings, the wifi thing from the bar and tried the fn+f2 combination.
Tried removing the updates i made.
Reinstalled my windows. I got a licensed one from my university, w10 education.
Besides that windows mentioned earlier i tried different versions and it didn't work.
The bluetooth works perfectly, i can connect my phone to a wifi then with an usb cable i can connect to the internet via usb tethering and the ethernet cable works perfectly.
I don't know what's wrong. maybe the wlan driver died out but that can't be true. the day i got the laptop i reinstalled the windows and it stopped working.

Answers

• qmana
    qmana Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have the same problem. did anybofy find fix for this?
  • MonitorKing
    MonitorKing Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. It ocurred about a month after I upgraded to Win 10
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Can click on the network symbol in the tray and select "troubleshoot problems". Can also go into settings>network&internet>change adapter options and see if the wireless appears there and is enabled.
  • ChankyMallick
    ChankyMallick Member Posts: 2 New User
    @AdelinB I am facing same issue with my new laptop,  did u fix it? 
  • sanketpawar99
    sanketpawar99 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @AdelinB did ur problem resolved? I am facing the exact same issue. can u help?