Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift 3 / Ryzen 7

McJankoMcJanko Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hello
i have some questions about the upcoming Swift 3-Laptop with the Ryzen 7 2700U Processor
Accoring to the Specification, this laptop contains one RAM-Module with 8GB, is it possible to add a second RAM-Module?
Is it  also possible to change the Hard Drive?
Is this Laptop able to use the AMD Freesync-Technology?

Thakns

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Current Swift 3 models can not be upgraded as they come with on-board memory only, so once they release the model number only we can tell whether it will be upgradable or not, I expect them to have M.2 SSD slots for SATA and NVMe but it's only a speculation.
    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • BirdgodBirdgod Member Posts: 4 New User
    I also wonder this, and I don't think it is upgradeable. Because on Amazon page, the original RAM type is "onboard." I am still looking for a laptop which includes Ryzen 7 2700u with 16gb RAM or the upgradeable RAM (to 16g).

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Swift-Ryzen-Windows-SF315-41-R6J9/dp/B078B5WZZ5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515964126&sr=8-1&keywords=ryzen+7+2700u&th=1
  • KeT4ynKeT4yn Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Current Swift 3 models can not be upgraded as they come with on-board memory only, so once they release the model number only we can tell whether it will be upgradable or not, I expect them to have M.2 SSD slots for SATA and NVMe but it's only a speculation.
    Max 8GB (minus taken by Vega GPU) for such top-tier Laptop with latest Ryzen is a tommyrot!
    I am using Acer Aspire 7560G since 2012 and struggling with 8GB max RAM, waiting for a good Acer laptop with Ryzen APU for so long. And now there is a real device appeared, but with max RAM amount castrated.
    I afraid that is a way to discredit new brilliant APU from AMD, by producing laptop with a fly in the ointment.
    Well, even Toy-Transformer HP Envy x360 with Ryzen 5 has 12GB (and maybe more), but that's HP, and that's not a serious device.

Is there a way to bring to the attention of ACER that people who buy Ryzen-APU Ultra-Thin laptop - they know what they are doing, and top-tier laptop with max 8GB RAM - is good for year 2012, but not for 2018 ?
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 14,595 Trailblazer
    KeT4yn said:
    Hi,
    Max 8GB (minus taken by Vega GPU) for such top-tier Laptop with latest Ryzen is a tommyrot!
    I am using Acer Aspire 7560G since 2012 and struggling with 8GB max RAM, waiting for a good Acer laptop with Ryzen APU for so long. And now there is a real device appeared, but with max RAM amount castrated.
    I afraid that is a way to discredit new brilliant APU from AMD, by producing laptop with a fly in the ointment.
    Well, even Toy-Transformer HP Envy x360 with Ryzen 5 has 12GB (and maybe more), but that's HP, and that's not a serious device.

Is there a way to bring to the attention of ACER that people who buy Ryzen-APU Ultra-Thin laptop - they know what they are doing, and top-tier laptop with max 8GB RAM - is good for year 2012, but not for 2018 ?

Hi,
    This model comes with either 8GB or 16GB on-board memory.
    Please click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22060540
  • BirdgodBirdgod Member Posts: 4 New User
    KeT4yn said:
    Hi,

Hi,
    This model comes with either 8GB or 16GB on-board memory.
    The Swift 3 with AMD Ryzen 7 2700u does not have 16g ram and is not upgradeable.