Old BIOS R01.A1 - Acer Aspire Z3-710

katsukun
katsukun Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello, 

Please, is it possible to have a link to download an old BIOS version for the acer aspire Z3-710 ?

Because it's been one week that I'm trying to restore my Windows 10 with the recovery partition but I always got an black screen after the boot and the only things that I've changed is the BIOS update to R01.A1 to R01.A3.

I already tried with a downgrade to R01.A2 (which is available on your website) but it doesn't change anything.

I also tried to update graphical drivers but no change.

PS : my SNID is **********

Thank you in advance for your help.

[Edited by: Acer-Victor]

Best Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    if it black screen using the recovery, probably the recovery partition is not working and it's not a BIOS issue.

try a clean windows 10 installation instead:
    1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    You will not loose the activation since the product key is stored on UEFI/BIOS and it will be  read automatically during the installation.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    if it black screen using the recovery, probably the recovery partition is not working and it's not a BIOS issue.

try a clean windows 10 installation instead:
    1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
  • katsukun
    Hi IronFly,

Thank you for your help and your promt reply.

I know that the recovery partition works because I already used it when the BIOS version was in R01.A1.

I already thinked about a clean installation of Windows but will I loose the Windows key activation ?
    Or will it be automactilly activated with Serial Number of the PC or I don't know ?

Thanks
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    You will not loose the activation since the product key is stored on UEFI/BIOS and it will be  read automatically during the installation.
  • katsukun
    Thank you very much Ironfly ^^ !!!
    You were right my Windows is activited:+1::)