Acer Aspire Switch 10e SW3-016 drivers lost after Windows 10 1709 Falls Creator update

Options
Zuluvres
Zuluvres Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire Switch 10e SW3-016. Some time ago I updated my computer to Windows 10 1709 Falls Creator update. after that installation, I noticed at least five things that are not working:
1. touchscreen. 
WiFi
3. audio
4. Bluetooth
5. rotation feature

I've tried going into the Device Manager and uninstalling the driver but the computer does not detect that there are touchscreen, WiFi, Bluetooth,  and audio devices. I've also tried to install the drivers provided in https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6460?b=1 but there was no improvement. I've reset the computer many times now with no result either.
What should I to to fix it?
Thank y'all

Answers

• Burzum
    Burzum Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Same problem here.  I believe the problem might be that the intel drivers listed on the Acer website under SW3-016 are for the intel atom z3700, not the z8000 series.  I am NOT buying a rescue CD from acer, there is no need for rescuing.  I just need the drivers listed on the offical website to either work, or straight up say "these drivers don't work, backup the ones bundled with our bloatware before reinstalling the OS".

Any fixes would be greatly appreciated.

• Burzum
    Burzum Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fix / Workaround for "Acer Website drivers not working":

- Use a USB wireless adapter (or phone/WiFi via USB tethering) to connect your SW3-016 to the internet.  Simply run Windows Update a couple of times and Windows will automatically install the required drivers.