Aspire E 15 Battery Life Gone Down

bigguy48
bigguy48 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My Battery life have drastically diminished from the advertised 12 hours to about 4 hours. HWMonitor lists battery design capacity as 62160 mWh while current full charge capacity is 54823mWh. Something is drastically wrong. Any suggestions???

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    It is normal after time for the capacity of the battery to go down. The advertised battery life can be reached only while the laptop is completely idle, display brightness turned down to minimum and wi-fi turned off.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• bigguy48
    Okay. I have my screen at 100% when I'm using it. So, what is the normal battery time for continued use?
  • ven98
    edited November 2017
    Can you give your laptop's full model please?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• bigguy48
    I am using an Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM 8GB DDR4 memory
  • ven98
    http://laptopmedia.com/review/acer-aspire-e-15-e5-575g-review-feature-packed-dirt-cheap-mid-ranger/

This is a review of e5-575g. It is a different model, but the only difference between e5-575 and e5-575g is that e5-575g has dedicated graphics. In video and web browsing battery test, e5-575g uses the Intel HD graphics, so it will perform similar to your laptop.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system