X152H Colour Accuracy and Possible Compression Issues

Options
FR007
FR007 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi there,

I know this product has been discontinued, and I probably won't get a response but thought it be worth asking in these forums either way!
I recently picked up a refurbished acer X152H projector, and since using it haven't had very accurate colours. Each video I play seems to require different settings in order for it to look right, which is weird since even if I do a global colour correct they all respond vastly differently.
Another thing I've noticed is that compression on video files is much more noticeable on this projector. I have cheaper monitors and TVs that you can barely see the compression, and I have to almost crush the image here to make it less noticeable. In particular rim lights and certain lines are overly sharp and distracting.
I've tried a few cables and been through all the settings, so was wondering if any other owners had had similar issues or if there were some fixes that I could do.
It may just be projectors highlight things like compression more, but still the colour issues shouldn't really be a thing on a reasonably priced projector.

As mentioned any responses or advice would be much appreciated!
Many thanks,
FR007