Combi headset jack on Aspire F5-572G not working

AnonymousAcerUser
AnonymousAcerUser Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My combi headset jack on my laptop isn't working. I have tried updating drivers but nothing worked.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

It's possible that an early auto-Win10update might've caused the issue soon after you got the machine. Many issues were reported from different mfrs especially the major fall update. With a re-set, you'd have the option of saving your personal files but would probably lose some programs, apps, functionalities, etc that were installed after you got the machine. But again no guarantees esp if the mike didn't work for you from day one. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Approximately when was the last time it was working?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AnonymousAcerUser
    First time I had a combi headset it didn't even work. the headset is a Trust GXT 322 Gaming Headset and I'm running windows 10 x64
  • JackE
    OK.  When was the last time that you recall the jack was working? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AnonymousAcerUser
    The jack itself works, the microphone part doesn't. sorry if the title was written bad.
  • JackE
    OK. When do you recall the last time that the mike part worked? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AnonymousAcerUser
    the mic part never worked
  • JackE
    If the machine's off warranty, the only way to rule in or rule out a hardware/software issue is to try to reset the machine to a factory-fresh state. Do you want to try this? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AnonymousAcerUser
    I'm afraid a factory reset is NOT an option.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓

It's possible that an early auto-Win10update might've caused the issue soon after you got the machine. Many issues were reported from different mfrs especially the major fall update. With a re-set, you'd have the option of saving your personal files but would probably lose some programs, apps, functionalities, etc that were installed after you got the machine. But again no guarantees esp if the mike didn't work for you from day one. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ