Have vertical lines on my Aspire E 15 E5 - 575 - 33BM

shark2915
shark2915 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have Black and Turquoise vertical lines on my Aspire E15.  One is right in the Center of the screen, and there is another about 2 inches to the right of that one and 4 are on the left side.  They started to appear about two weeks ago and have grown.  Have read other threads about a vga driver or possible full factory reset.  (These were for other models with vertical lines as well.)  Are either of these "fixes" correct for the model I have?  Which is the better option?  If these are not correct, can someone help to guide me in the correct direction/fix?  

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• paidis29
    paidis29 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is your laptop still covered by warranty? If yes then you may go to the nearest acer center to report the problem. they will fix it for free if it is covered by acer warranty, mine got same problem and acer center take only 3 days to fix. And if it is out of warranty it may cost you money to repair.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    shark2915 said:
    I have Black and Turquoise vertical lines on my Aspire E15.  One is right in the Center of the screen, and there is another about 2 inches to the right of that one and 4 are on the left side.  They started to appear about two weeks ago and have grown.  Have read other threads about a vga driver or possible full factory reset.  (These were for other models with vertical lines as well.)  Are either of these "fixes" correct for the model I have?  Which is the better option?  If these are not correct, can someone help to guide me in the correct direction/fix?  

Thank you in advance!
    You can perform a battery reset. Shown how to do here: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

I doubt it will help, because to me it sounds like a hardware issue, because you said it is getting worse. If it was a driver then the lines would be there, but it wouldn't get worse. Anyway, if after battery reset the lines are still there, you should contact Acer in your regeion.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• shark2915
    Thank you for your answer paidis29.  Yes, my laptop is only about 9 months old.  I will look for an Acer  center and speak with them.  Thanks again!
  • shark2915
    Thank you for your response ven98.  I will try contacting an Acer center as my laptop is still under warranty, (only 9 months old).  I will follow up after I speak with them to help anyone else who may run into the same issue!  Thanks again!