Cannot access bios anymore

Niutels
Niutels Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi all,

Please let me explain my problem, I have bought an Aspire VX 15 approximately 6 months ago and I did install ubuntu on dualboot with w10. Recently (like 4 days ago) I updated my windows and it seemed to mess with the dualboot configuration as I could no longer access windows manager and was forced to boot on windows directly.

I then noticed that switching from UEFI boot to Legacy boot in the bios, and then re-switching from Legacy to UEFI allowed me to re-access windows manager (magically appeared).
However, today I had the same issue (forced to boot on windows) and tried to repeat the switching UEFI->Legacy and Legacy->UEFI, and it failed as I got stuck when switching to Legacy and could not revert what I did : whenever I try to access the bios (by pressing any F keys) I hear a very long and loud beep sound which forces me to manually shutdown the laptop. Also, of course Legacy does not boot properly since it is w10 ... So I am stuck and have no idea what to do, do you guys have any idea ? Do you think I could have hurt the hardware ?

Thank you so much for your times !