Can You Add Another HDD/SDD With The Easy-Swap Expansion Bay?

zakklundin
zakklundin Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I want to add a 1TB hard drive to my G3-710. Can i add a HDD with the Easy Swap Expansion Bay or is that just for swapping HDD's?

Best Answer

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Yes u can add a 1TB HDD or SSD trough the easy-swap expansion bay that's the purpose of it as u can see on the pic: (i think any bran should be fine as u can see here has a Segate 1000GB) 

Salute.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Hi,

Yes u can add a 1TB HDD or SSD trough the easy-swap expansion bay that's the purpose of it as u can see on the pic: (i think any bran should be fine as u can see here has a Segate 1000GB) 

Salute.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Blasthex
    Blasthex Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a question regarding this. Can anyone give me some specs or examples of HDD's that fit in there? I'm looking to upgrade my easy-swap by with a 4TB HDD. I'm not really into building or rebuilding desktops, so the easiest for me would be to get a HDD that's basically plug & play. Can anyone advise me on what I have to look for when purchasing one? 
  • MrMeowzaki
    MrMeowzaki Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited January 2019
    I think the HDD has to be 3.5 something in order for the HDD to work. I think it has to be exactly 3.5" to work. @Coqui13
    Was that HDD 3.5 whatever. Idk but some guy did say that it the 3.5 HDD/SSD fit in perfectly and Windows 10 had no problem registering the extra one. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Pretty much any of the 3.5 drives will work. I think that currently the biggest you can find is 12TB, but 6TB or 8TB will be better for cost.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.