Acer Switch 3: connecting tv via USB-C

timboc
timboc Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
how is it possible to connect this tablet computer to a HDMI-Monitor? I tried an USB-C to Displayport Adapter with my existing Dp to HDMI cable and it is not working at all.
Are there any experiences? Does a USB-C to HDMI cable work?
The acer telephone Support told me that the USB-C port is connected to the graphicchip and is able to handle video-Signals. But i'm not sure what i need.

thank you, Tim

Answers

• timboc
    timboc Member Posts: 4 New User
    No suggestions? Is it possible to connect this tablet to the TV?
  • illusion1986
    illusion1986 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I just bought a Switch 3 (and a usb-c to hdmi adapter, as video output with HDMI is my most important feature), and I have the same issue. 
    It will not give any video out and the intel graphics "display search" don't find my TV-monitor. What to do next?
  • tingting
    tingting Member Posts: 10 New User
    It doesn't have a micro HDMI slot?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    No, the Switch provides video via: "Supports DisplayPort™ audio/video output", so needs a USB-C to DP cable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tingting
    tingting Member Posts: 10 New User
    billsey said:
    No, the Switch provides video via: "Supports DisplayPort™ audio/video output", so needs a USB-C to DP cable.

The whole point of Type C is it should be able to connect to everything: power, data, printer, video output...seems strange to need a converting cable.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Well, I suppose if your monitor has a USB-C in instead of the DisplayPort, you wouldn't need the convertor cable...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.