Acer Aspire V5-171 Error code: 0xc0000185

Options
masteRAE
masteRAE Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2017 in Aspire Laptops
I purchased the eRecovery disc last friday so my laptop will be fix but its gives me an error that says “the boot configuration data for your pc contains error or missing” and error code of 0xc0000185.. I really dont know what to do, is there anyone here that can help me solve this problem? Or am i missing something before i put all the recovery disc into the laptop/netbook? Thank in advance..

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You need to enter in BIOS(right after boot keep spamming f2 key). Look for an option to enable F12 boot menu. Exit and keep changes. Now right after boot you will have to press F12. A menu will appear listing devices to boot, choose your USB drive. After that you will have to choose recover windows from drive.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• masteRAE
    masteRAE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Its still didnt work,the error said “the system cannot find the path specified”
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    There recovery drive might be corrupted.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    First of all try to check if ALT+F10 at boot take you to windows 8.x-10 recovery and you can reach command prompt from there:
    troubleshoot-advanced options- command prompt (if this works, go to point 4, if not point 1)
    1. create a vanilla Windows 8.1 or 10 installation media from this link:
    2. Once you boot using the Windows installation disc, on the Windows 8.x-10 installation window, click on Repair your computer.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options. First thing you may try is the Automatic Repair.
    4. If that does not help, then select Command Prompt. Enter the following four commands into the prompt.
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    Once the command completes, restart the computer.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Smasherrr07
    Smasherrr07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

When I use the command: bootrec /fixboot, cmd responds with: Access is denied.

Please tell me why?