Weird Sound Problem

Options
AdityaShinde
AdityaShinde Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello there Sir/madam 
I need some help. 2 days ago I open my laptop to clean the Dust from CPU Fan after fixing every single screw I turned on my laptop when I was watching video on one website I noticed speakers are working fine but no sound comming from it then I plug my headphones still I can't hear anything so I tried bluetooth headphones they are working fine so I searched on internet I found many ideas like reinstall or updating drivers I upgrade my BIOS also checked all speaker settings my audio jack and speakers looks fine and lettest drivers from Acer website also installed please help to find problem I have searched on YouTube and also many websites and tried everything but I don't find any solution. Thank you in advance This is my final option.

Best Answers

• AdityaShinde
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your all support sir I'm going to Acer service center now it's my final option again thank you very much for your help 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think the problem is only with the speaker amplifiers, not the sound adapter itself. So I think it's better to use Bluetooth speakers & headphones than to risk creating new problems by opening the laptop again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

>>>speakers are working fine but no sound >>>

What ACER model, number and current WinVer?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    Options
    It's Acer aspire ES1 521 237Q

• JackE
    Options
    If Device Manager shows no issues and the volume controls are not muted in any way, then you must again disassemble the machine to re-seat the mainboard connector for the  blue, white, brown & black wires coming from the left-side speaker. This connector was probably jarred loose. There should be a piece of tape holding the wires to the case so the connector stays put. If the tape is loose, you can use ordinary transparent or duct tape to secure it again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    Options
    Hello jackE sir thank you for your reply 
    I have reopen my laptop and replaced the speakers with duck tape but I still can't hear sound 😭 please tell if you have another solution.
     My audio jack is also not working I think there is something another problem.

• JackE
    Options

Did you re-seat the mainboard speaker connector shown by the small red arrow? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    Options
     I just removed battery carefully with tool and stick that yellow tape properly but still same problem not able to hear voice thank you very much sir you are helping me to find my laptop problem.... Also I just installed withdows 8.1 NOW I AM CONFIRMED ITS HARDWARE ISSU
  • JackE
    Options
    Not the tape!!! Did you re-seat the SPEAKER CONNECTOR on the mainboard? The small red arrow in the picture points to this small SPEAKER CONNECTOR. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Yes sir I removed both speakers with battery and put it again 
  • AdityaShinde
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for your all support sir I'm going to Acer service center now it's my final option again thank you very much for your help 
  • JackE
    edited November 2017
    Options

>>> I open my laptop to clean the Dust from CPU Fan after fixing every single screw I turned on my laptop when I was watching video on one website I noticed speakers>>>no sound>>>then I plug my headphones still I can't hear>>>

Are you certain that the speakers were working immediately before you opened the laptop?  If yes, try turning them back on in the Fn+F8 toggle key combination. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    edited November 2017
    Options
    No nothing worked for me ☹️  yea I have installed Windows 8.1 now but still no sound i brought my friend's Bluetooth headphones and connect them to laptop and they are working so why audio jack and speakers not giving any sound soo weird
  • JackE
    Options
    Did you try the Fn+F8 toggle key combination to try to turn the speakers on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    Options
    Yes sir that mite button (f8) i have tried
  • AdityaShinde
    Options
    Sir I have reinstall windows 10 first then installed Windows 8.1 so I don't think it's software issue
  • AdityaShinde
    Options
    Hello JackE sir I think problem is something else when I  was checking playback settings of SOUND i put my headphones in ear and started testing more sounds then I observed some sound like BEEP or some little sound coming from my headphones i don't understand what's happening (Bluetooth headphones working fine but wired headphones not)
  • JackE
    Options

>>>Yes sir that mite button (f8) i have tried >>>

No! To unmute, you must also press the Fn key at the same time you press the F8 key. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    Options
    But sir I have tried that mute/invite button i have reinstalled my OS 2 times and 3rd time I changed it to windows 8.1 but still 😞
  • JackE
    Options

Please. You must push two (2) buttons. The FN button PLUS the F8 button. Did you push BOTH buttons? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• AdityaShinde
    Options
    Yes sir I have pressed both i already know my laptop 😃 but I installed new OS so how can it be a Software issue
  • JackE
    Options

Thank you. I must confirm that you pushed two buttons so that ***we both*** can come to the same conclusion of a hardware problem.

Open Device Manager. Click on sound, etc adapters. What sound adapter is listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ