Acer Aspire M5811(Mainboard Model H57M01) is there any support for AHCHI, does TRIM work?

Schinigami
Schinigami Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Acer Aspire M5811(Mainboard Model H57M01) Mainboard Model H57M01 (Northbridge Intel DMI Host Bridge rev. 11Southbridge Intel H57 rev. 06) 
1)is there any support for AHCHI, does TRIM work?
2)in this motherboard there is only a version of sata 2.0?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    I think your motherboard should support AHCI(if AHCHI=AHCI). As far as I know TRIM is not a feature that needs to be supported by the motherboard, but the SSD iteslf and the OS.

You only have Sata 2 connectors.

Are you planning to buy this motherboard or you have it? You can easily check whether you have ACHI by going in BIOS device/storage menu(or similar).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Schinigami
    Schinigami Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes, I meant AHCI.
    About 7 years ago I bought it, I'm going to upgrade my old PC (which is on this motherboard) by putting ssd =)
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Your motherboard should support AHCI, but just in case you can check in BIOS whether you have it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!