How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

Whamy22
Whamy22 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not occur, so does the predator sense NVIDIA graphics is active, no freezing, tried playing games and I was right. No right click desktop freeze when nvidia graphics is active. Any solution to permanently fix my problem? thanks

Best Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Some users have experienced similar issue an in some cases Geforce experience was the culprit, so you can uninstall it and see if that will fix the freezing. It can be also nvidia optimus' fault, so you can update both Nvidia and Intel graphics drivers to latest version.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Whamy22
    Answer ✓
    Problem FIx! I disabled TheDesktopContextMenu Class using program ShellExView

Answers

• ven98
    What is your laptop's model?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Whamy22
    edited November 2017
    ven98 said:
    What is your laptop's model?
      predator helios 300 G3-571 Sir. I think this was happened after the major windows update
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Some users have experienced similar issue an in some cases Geforce experience was the culprit, so you can uninstall it and see if that will fix the freezing. It can be also nvidia optimus' fault, so you can update both Nvidia and Intel graphics drivers to latest version.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Whamy22
    ven98 said:
    I already updated my driver, Problem still persist. maybe it will be optimize for the future update? . thanks, I hope there will be fix soon.
  • ven98
    edited November 2017
    Last option is to update BIOS to latest version, if haven't done so yet.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Whamy22
    @ven98 Hello sir. Thanks for the help. got some clue because of you and it is ok now. The reason was I upgraded my drivers on device manager. So Higher version was installed than the acer recommended at acer care center app/acer product support. I just rollback my intel VGA driver on device manager and viola it was instantly fix. though it was still higher version than acer recommend on thier website but totally works fine. Lesson learned here, only update driver base on what acer recomends. thanks ven98. :)
  • Whamy22
    @ven98 Oops. problem came back. I think it is because of the fall creator update. I hope it will be fix soon. If there any fix please notify me sir. thanks
  • Whamy22
    Answer ✓
    Problem FIx! I disabled TheDesktopContextMenu Class using program ShellExView
  • assassin1044
    assassin1044 Member Posts: 5 New User
    go to nvidia control panel.....in d top ..there will be option for contect menus....untick a option at a time & chck it ..it worked for me after FCU
  • ven98
    I think what happened is that windows auto updated the driver, because it is outdated. Download the driver from Acer's website and before updating it disable automatic driver update. To do that go to control panel>small/large icons>system>advanced system settings>hardware>device installation settings and set it to 'no'.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Whamy22
    If anyone has thesame problem do this

1. download this nirsoft.net/utils/shexview-x64.zip copy and paste it in the url
    2. run shexview.exe
    3. click option tab
    4. check (hide all microsoft extensions). to avoid disabling them
    5. right click on TheDesktopContextMenu Class
    6. disabled selected item. this will make the other one disbled too
    7. restart your PC.

if problem persist. try to disable the other extensions. remember to hide first all microsoft extentions. Good luck

• Whamy22
    hello, anyone having this kind of probelem. Update your firmware on device manager to totally fix this issue. Too bad Acer took too long for update