Does Acer Aspire E5-575G-57A4 support usb c to hdmi or usb 3.0 to hdmi?

progto
progto Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I'm trying to use my 2nd tv as another display on my laptop. Currently, I'm using the hdmi port on my laptop connected to my first tv as my main display but I want to find a way to connect my second tv and use it as an extended display. I have been looking around and found these usb to hdmi adapters. I bought a usb c to hdmi adapter and tested it out today but it was not working. Tried the adapter also on my desktop and it did not work as well, don't know whether the adapter was faulty o it just didn't support both my laptop and desktop... Anyway, I just wanted to know if my laptop supports any usb c to hdmi adapters, if not, does usb 3.0 to hdmi adapters work,if so,which ones? Thank you for your time. Below is the links to my laptop, and the usb c to hdmi adapter that did not work...

My Laptop: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315671

USB C to HDMI adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075V68NVR

Answers

• progto
    progto Member Posts: 2 New User
    Bump. Does anyone know anything about this?
  • uni
    uni Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey progto,

This is seller uni from amazon.
    We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience our product has brought to you. We will take care of business from this point, your satisfaction is our primary concern. 

The compatible issue with the product you mentioned, Acer Aspire E5-575G-57A4,
    So i checked the specs and i find that this laptop has a USB 3.1 (Type-C) port, and it is a USB 3.1 Gen1 port, which means this port can transfer data up to 5Gbps. But a USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C port will not support video out. If you want to use our product(USB-C to Hdmi Adapter) you will need a USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port or a thunderbolt3 port to get video out.

It is perfect compatible with 2017/2016 MacBook Pro, Surface Book 2, 2017 iMac, 2017/2016/2015 MacBook, Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus / Note 8, HTC U11, Pixelbook, Dell XPS 15 / XPS 13, Galaxy Book, HP Spectre X360, Chromebook, Chromebook Pixel, Intel NUC, and many others

Meanwhile, You left a one star review to our listing on amazon, we will try our best to make every customer satisfied, we hope that you can change your review for us, cause for a start up company this really means a lot to us. Please contact us through our support email(team@uniaccessories.io), this way we will be able to find your order. We can issue a full refund for your order. Please reach out to our support team and let us know what works best for you. 

Like always, we will get back to you within 24hrs. 

Best,
    Livia, from uniAccessories Customer Support Team
  • illusion1986
    illusion1986 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I cant get video output to my TV using USB-C 3.1 (with support for thunderbolt it says on the vendors website) port, using a HAMA USB-C to HDMI adapter. The intel graphic settings cant find my TV and the TV displays "no signal". I have an Acer Switch 3 (2 in 1). What can i do about this and what is least expencive?

Regards, Kenneth
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    @illusion1986  You have posted 4 responses on this same issue but on other user threads who have machines different from yours. Accordingly, start your own thread with the full model number of your Switch 3 ---- such as SW315-xx? SW3-xxx? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ