Unstable Wi-Fi

arya3
arya3 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
This issue is driving me insane. Posting here is my last resort before returning the laptop. I have 75mbps running into my place and macbook picks up that speed on wi-fi with no instability. My ACER however is completely unstable. Will occasionally get 75mbps, but mostly gets about 25mbps and will constantly drop to 0.5mbps.  

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Have you found if there are newer versions available for your wireless LAN driver?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

(1) Is the MAC & ACER located in about the same spot and orientation relative to the router? (2) What ACER model? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• arya3
    arya3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @ven98 I've updated to the newest driver for my wireless card (Atheros qca61x4a) 12.0.0.307

@JackE yes, they are in the same spot and orientation. I have an Acer Swift 3 (SF314-51)
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Return the laptop to the vendor for exchange or refund --- or get warranty service --- ASAP. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• w3amd
    w3amd Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    This is a common problem after returning out of sleep mode. However, I haven't noticed this recently. I had a 571T and this would almost always happen after sleeping.