Can't detect new hard drive in easy swap

Dongu
Dongu Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi I had an old hard drive in my easy swap bay. Worked fine but I bought a new one (with more memory). After inserting it in exactly the same way and restrting my computer it is not detected/ doesn't show up on diskmanagement. Re-inserting the old one and there is no problem...?
Can someone help (knowing that I don't understand 90% of the IT-language often spoken ;)

Answers

• Dongu
    Again: I pretty much clueless. There are only 2 jumpers (correct term?) on the old drive and 8 on the new one
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    How much is the storage of the new drive?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Dongu
    2 TB (old one 1TB)
  • ven98
    The new drive, have you checked whether it appears in BIOS?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Dongu
    LOL. to give you an idae of who you're dealing with:I had to google that so the answer is: nope don't know ...
  • ven98
    Right after you boot the system keep spamming the F2 key to enter BIOS. A menu with a blue background will appar. In there look around the options for where the information about the drives is located(usually it is located in information).
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Dongu
    If I press F2 (tried it about 10 times) a black window appears VERY briefly saying BIOS is reserved for "something"(to quick to read) and then just continues starting up....
  • ven98
    edited November 2017
    You can open the device and remove the CMOS battery, leave ot for 30 minutes, put back the CMOS battery and power on the PC. If it still doesn't let you to access BIOS contact Acer.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system