i hope help guys >>>>>>>>>FPS drop problem

omar15007
omar15007 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
i have acer helios 300 1060 GTX graphics card !!!!!!! when i use this laptop for first month its good after that when i play games the FPS is drop especially with a long distance ? can any one help me to fix that ..thanks 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Did this happen after an update and if yes what kind of an update?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• omar15007

Tinkerer

no its happen suddenly not for all games most of games just for long distance !
  • ven98
    You can try with re-installing nvidia driver and install version 388.00, as many people have reported bugs with 388.31.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• omar15007

Tinkerer

i have already 388.31 version i can't roll back from device manger this the older version on  my laptop ........ if you have other steps for re-install or other options ? thanks mr @ven98

• ven98
    Download version 388.00 from nvidia and install it.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• omar15007

Tinkerer

i'm install it nothing change bro 
  • ven98
    Last option is to perform battery reset. Here is how: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If it doesn't help, you can update BIOS. Check you BIOS version by entering in RUN. In run enter msinfo and then in system summary look for BIOS version. You can download latest BIOS from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
    Download the latest version for your model, the file is archived so you will have to extract it first. Before executing the installation make sure the battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger. The system may reset several times during the installation, so don't turn off your system.

NOTE: before doing the things above, if you have GeForce experience, please uninstall it and see if it will fix your FPS issue.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• omar15007

Tinkerer

nothing change bro i do all this three options 

• ven98
    You should contact Acer support in your region. They will tell you to reset windows to factory settings and then see if the issue still persists, so I suggest you to do it now.

It is normal for the fps to drop a bit in open areas as there are more things to render.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• omar15007

Tinkerer

i think i solve it .............. i do recovery for laptop and uninstall all  applications with keep personal files ..... i know mr @ven98 it's normal but for me it's drop to 30-40 ....but now with recovery it's better :)