Acer Predator g9-793-78cm: G-Sync not showing up in Nvidia Control Panel

Options
JimmyAlmighty
JimmyAlmighty Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My laptop has G-Sync support but G-Sync Setup doesn't show up in Nvidia Control Panel. I used to have the option when I first bought the laptop but then I had to send it to Acer repair centre to fix the screen flickering. After the screen was replaced, I got my laptop back and reset everything back to factory condition and G-Sync disappeared. 

I have tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers (older amd lastest versions) but nothing helped. 

Answers

• peoecp
    peoecp Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I had the exact same situation with my G5-793. When I sent the computer to Acer, it had a 75MHz IPS G-Sync-enabled panel. When I got it back, they had installed a 60MHz TN-panel without G-Sync. I complained and got it replaced with a new computer.
  • JimmyAlmighty
    JimmyAlmighty Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    peoecp said:
    I had the exact same situation with my G5-793. When I sent the computer to Acer, it had a 75MHz IPS G-Sync-enabled panel. When I got it back, they had installed a 60MHz TN-panel without G-Sync. I complained and got it replaced with a new computer.
    That's what I have been doubting. The new screen they replaced for me probably doesn't support G-Sync. Guess I will have to bring it back there. Thanks for sharing anyway.
  • Dariusdd
    Dariusdd Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Have you tried checking your BIOS version? Before the panel was clocked at 60Hz, and after a BIOS update they enabled both GSYNC and the 75Hz refresh rate. It's pretty easy to see if it's a different panel as well. Check it in your device manager. Or just look at it. If it was a TN panel, it'd have much worse viewing angles.
  • peoecp
    peoecp Member Posts: 27 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Acer did not ask me to do anything when I said that they had installed a TN-panel. They took it back immediately and then I had to wait 4 weeks while they waited for spare parts. I finally got a completely new computer.