Where do I find the update to fix the Intel IME vulnerability detected by Intel-SA-00086?

perost
perost Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Downloaded and ran the tool and got -

Answers

• sweepercurlym
    sweepercurlym Member Posts: 5 New User
    Yeah, I have a different chipset but I need to know the same information and the "support"  personnel know nothing.
  • jebrcidea
    jebrcidea Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello?  ACER?  Are you in there?  Are you addressing this vulnerability? My computer also tested vulnerable. Any idea when it'll be an available patch?

• TokenCDN
    TokenCDN Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    Yup, I got the same thing on my Nitro BE (actually posting a thread myself when this popped up)
  • I wouldn't worry too much about this threat, these threats will always be present and we may have to soldier on. Please read for other views about it here:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/critical-flaws-in-intel-processors-leave-millions-of-pcs-vulnerable.810994/page-2
  • slnacer
    slnacer Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Above article link is Alright but can that be an excuse from Acer/OEM vendor not to make an attempt to roll out the latest Intel ME firmware updates as part of BIOS update which Intel claims safe?
    Acer should work on rolling out updates like DELL,HP,Lenovo ones IMHO
  • slnacer said:
    Above article link is Alright but can that be an excuse from Acer/OEM vendor not to make an attempt to roll out the latest Intel ME firmware updates as part of BIOS update which Intel claims safe?
    Acer should work on rolling out updates like DELL,HP,Lenovo ones IMHO

Hi,
    I was merely stating that we need not to panic and of course I welcome an update of some kind to assure consumers of their PC security =)
  • TokenCDN
    TokenCDN Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    Don't think I'd hold my breath waiting for Acer. When the first vulnerability was discovered this summer, I used the workaround Intel posted. Acer never did release an update for my system VN7-592G. I suspect this batch is going to go the same way
  • jcorb2795
    jcorb2795 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Yeah, I have a different chipset but I need to know the same information and the "support"  personnel know nothing.
    Yeah, I had the same problem with support. My rep just kept telling me that the update would pop up on my screen when it was available. Acer needs to do a little better educating their front line. Especially since the potential impact of this flaw is still undetermined.  From an IT standpoint, you have to assume it is serious until proven otherwise.
  • ic3b34r
    ic3b34r Member Posts: 24 Networker
    jcorb2795 said:
    Yeah, I had the same problem with support. My rep just kept telling me that the update would pop up on my screen when it was available. Acer needs to do a little better educating their front line. Especially since the potential impact of this flaw is still undetermined.  From an IT standpoint, you have to assume it is serious until proven otherwise.

yes, most acer products(even my Aspire VN7-593G 4k version) is still wait for update.... but another factory was release patch...(Asus, Dell, MSI....), Acer please work hard for us.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

ic3b34r>>>but another factory was release patch...(Asus, Dell, MSI....)>>>

Could you please post links to these released patches? I also have an HP and a Dell. Thanks Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ic3b34r
    JackE said:

ic3b34r>>>but another factory was release patch...(Asus, Dell, MSI....)>>>

Could you please post links to these released patches? I also have an HP and a Dell. Thanks Jack E/NJ

You can find it on Intel website.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Sorry, can't find them. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vaishnavi
    Vaishnavi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,

For a system admin, who is in the look out for a solution to run the detection on 1000s of machines in his enterprise n/w, a simple custom script configuration would give you the result in a fraction of seconds. Using Desktop Central’s custom script configuration, you can run the tool on all your n/w computers. Learn more.

• ic3b34r
    JackBenny said:
    Awaiting patches
    TBD for long times...