I have an Acer Iconia A1 - 830 which is currently stuck on Android system recovery screen

Shefly911
Shefly911 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
It is asking me to apply an update from external storage. What do I do and how do I start to fix this problem?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    you can't since the full stock image is not available to download, i can only suggest you to search it on XDA community
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    if you do a long press on power button, are you able to exit the recovery or it will boot back to recovery?

if it boots automatically to recovery, can be a corrupted OS and only Acer support service can fix it.
  • Shefly911
    It would only load to the Acer screen. So I put it into recovery mode, factory reset it, and now it turns on to the recovery mode screen. I just tried your suggestion of holding the power button down,, now when I press the power button it quickly flashes Acer and a picture looking like it's asking to be plugged in.. what should I do next?

Thank you so much for your help, very appreciated.
  • IronFly
    Is battery charged?
    Let it charge for an hour then try again to boot.
    If an USB symbol appears, that means the OS is corrupted and need to be flashed back.
  • Shefly911
    How do i "flash it back" ? That seems to be the symbol it's showing.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    you can't since the full stock image is not available to download, i can only suggest you to search it on XDA community
  • Shefly911
    Can i ask what an XDA community is? 
  • IronFly
    google search it :dizzy:
    i can't link it here
  • Shefly911
    Ok. So I have the file downloaded onto my computer i cant seem to unzip the fastboot folder to start. Can you email me possibly? 
  • Shefly911
    Should i be extracting the files
  • IronFly
    Sorry but i don't remember the steps to reflash it, too many years ago.
  • Shefly911
    My hubbys acer is somewhat dping the same thing but i cant get it to the recovery screen...

IronFly said:
    if you do a long press on power button, are you able to exit the recovery or it will boot back to recovery?

if it boots automatically to recovery, can be a corrupted OS and only Acer support service can fix it.