rebuild raid array G9-593

Options
apollyon
apollyon Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
i deleted the raid array in order to try switching over to ahci, so i could install another os(assuming the raid is what is preventing propper install as runs fine off of live usb). only to discover acer does NOT allow me to change to ahci. what would be the best method to make the drives a raid 0 array again? i can wipe them no problem and run windows install no problem but not sure how to install as raid 0.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    if your system has a SSD and HDD, creating a RAID0 array, will kill the SSD performances; so it's not worth.
    leave it as is.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • apollyon
    Options
    my computer came as raid 0 i would love to switch to ahci but have found i can not. i want it back in raid 0 because acers software is not working the way it should(specifically i cannot overclock my gpu with predator sense anymore.) so i would like it back the way it is. raid is not adjustable so it is on. all i need to know is how to make the 2 drives an array i think installation will be easy after the array is built
  • apollyon
    Options
    and it has 2 m.2 and an hdd

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    just install windows 10 on a single M.2 SSD and then create the RAID0 array using Intel RST software:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/how-to-windows-installation-thread-includes-sata-iii-ssd-upgrade-raid0-discussion.617891/
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • apollyon
    Options
    i think i need to install to hdd or usb boot, run that rst, create the array, and then reinstall to the array. i tried running/install while installed to single m.2 and it caused the computer to restart a few times, attempt a repair and then entered bluescreen giving me "attempted_write_to_readonly_memory " a stop error before boot. thank your for the help so far though. i think this is because it should be a hardware raid, meaning they need to be considered a single drive then installed to. think i am going to leave it separate for a bit however; need my pc stable for the next couple weeks, and this install idk if i was lucky or if there is some pattern to installing drivers beforehand, but predator sense is working properly again. the link they sent me still gave me some operating system not supported bs message but the 793 software worked correctly this go around.