Problem connecting 8 year old 24 inch Samsung LCD to Acer Vx15 Display Port with HDMI to DVI Cable

Volentis
Volentis Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
hi there recently i bought vx15 laptop and I can't get enough gaming pleasure with the small monitor so I decided to use my old monitor as the display device after searching around a little bit i found out that I need a HDMI to DVI cable in order to make it work so today I bought the cable.. but it doesn't work correctly .. when I connect it the no signal sign goes away but nothing happens it's all a black screen. any solution will be appreciated.

Answers

• Volentis
    :( no one is having this problem?
  • 3rdstone
    3rdstone Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm having a similar problem, but not exactly the same display you have.
    After hours of work, the only way I can get anything to show on my second display is to change resolution to 1080i (not p), inside the nvidia software.
    On top of that, it will only show using "duplicate display". This was after uninstalling both the intel and nvidia adapters and re-installing.
    This is completely unacceptable, as I am trying to extend my desktop to it, using a DAW that needs the highest resolution possible.
    Someone needs to have an answer for this...
  • Volentis
    3rdstone said:
    I'm having a similar problem, but not exactly the same display you have.
    After hours of work, the only way I can get anything to show on my second display is to change resolution to 1080i (not p), inside the nvidia software.
    On top of that, it will only show using "duplicate display". This was after uninstalling both the intel and nvidia adapters and re-installing.
    This is completely unacceptable, as I am trying to extend my desktop to it, using a DAW that needs the highest resolution possible.
    Someone needs to have an answer for this...
    did u install the latest drivers from NVIDIA and intel or the drivers provided by Acer?
  • 3rdstone
    3rdstone Member Posts: 3 New User
    Intel=latest,Nvidia=Acer Heeding warnings is why..
    Something needs to be done about this...
    Anyone else with similar issues stand up