How can i move apps from internal to external storage to free up internal memory ?

Options
stefanwalters1969
stefanwalters1969 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Acer B3-A40 Android 7

Any idea how i move apps installed on internal memory to external memory (SD card) ?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    it depends on android OS version and how the applications are compiled but you can have a check on
    settings/Apps
    tap the application you want to move and check if there's a Move to SD or something similar to tap (be aware that only a portion of the application will be moved)
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • stefanwalters1969
    Options
    There is no facility to move apps to SD card that i can find . Had the tablet 6 months and almost out of memory already . 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    you can check also on settings/storage
    and see if you can select the SD as main storage

if not...no other ways, sorry
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • stefanwalters1969
    Options
    Thanks for your help . Can't change storage settings . Really disappointed with this tablet if i can't make such basic changes . :(

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, it makes it a lot easier on Google to block apps running from an SD card, but can make it tougher on the user. Verify that you don't just have an app that's sucking up storage with log or debug files by clearing their data, and move any data files (like music and movies) to the SD card if there are any still in system storage.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.