Cool Boost Plugin Missing when i re-installed the software - (Clean install windows)

SavioGeorge
SavioGeorge Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I had re-installed windows on my Acer Nitro 5 (AMD) - The original OS on the laptop had cool boost which was a part of the acer quick access menu. I had re-installed the official app from Acer's support website (under my laptop model) website. it has blue light filter but no cool boost. Appreciate if anyone has a solution to this. Or link to the plugin which i can add. Thanks a million.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited November 2017
    These laptops have custom windows installed by Acer, without which software like quick access application can't recognise the model, and therefore excluding these features thinking that the laptop doesn't support them.

I haven't found this plug-in, if there is such.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• SavioGeorge

Tinkerer

ven98 said:
    These laptops have custom windows installed by Acer, without which software like quick access application can't recognise the model, and therefore excluding these features thinking that the laptop doesn't support them.

I haven't found this plug-in, if there is such.

Thanks for the reply Ven98 , Would there be another way to ramp up the fans? I tried speedfan but no luck... i mean it reads temps but as far as fan control goes it does not read the RPM. 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited November 2017
    I never found a software that can detect the fans and let you set a custom fan curve. You can download the application from this thread, it works on a desktop and might work on a laptop so you can try it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• SavioGeorge

Tinkerer

ven98 said:
    I never found a software that can detect the fans and let you set a custom fan curve. You can download the application from this thread, it works on a desktop and might work on a laptop so you can try it.

Thanks for the info ven98, will check it out and let you know if it works.