My Acer Spin 11 (R751T) won't turn on!

Options
OxyNitro
OxyNitro Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So, I have an Acer R751T and it will not turn on. Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

Thanks, OxyNitro.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    So there are a couple of things to try and I don't know what you've done so far... First try a long press on the power button (30 seconds or so) that forces a full power off. Wait a bit and then try turning it on normally. That usually does it for issues where the Chromebook is just confused and stuck in one of the sleep modes. If that doesn't help you are going to want to try and verify the battery is charging. You might be able to try a different charger if the original isn't working right, but it sometimes is just that you have to push it in that extra tiny bit that seats it fully.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OxyNitro

Tinkerer

Options
    After I did that, it did not work. I plugged it in, and after a couple of minutes, it shows a red-orange light as an indicator that it is charging. When I hold down the power button on the side, it blinks blue.
  • billsey
    Options
    OK, IIRC that amber light will turn blue when fully charged. Wait until then and try again to turn it on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OxyNitro

Tinkerer

Options
    I have done that before, it did not work. :(
  • Jasoncoolman
    Jasoncoolman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have done that it did not work still. The problem my chrome book is that water have on it and it won’t then next day I woke up it started to work then the day after that it stop working the light near the power is just blinking blue please help me is there a solution for this.
  • billsey
    Options
    @Jasoncoolman you should start your own thread. Your problem is likely not repairable, the spilled water likely shorted something out. :(