Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

ACER ASPIRE E15 E5-575G IS TOO SLOW

yathiraj_uyathiraj_u Posts: 4Member New User
Recently i purchased ACER ASPIRE E15 E5-575G start up time, restart time, application opening time everything is too slow. After the Acer service also laptop is slow. I have not installed any personal software except VLC player. For start up it will take 4 to 5MIN. After ACER LOGO black screen will come and remain for 1min. Acer Service person is telling that model itself is slow after resetting the OS. They are suggesting to UPGRADE HDD TO SSD. IS any guys facing same issues? Will ACER refund ON issues like this? or i will register a case in consumer court? need some suggestions

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, upgrading to SSD will definitely speed up the laptop, however, have you got any trial version of AV program installed( Norton, McAfee....etc)?
    If so, please uninstall it and see whether it improves the performance.
  • yathiraj_uyathiraj_u Posts: 4Member New User
    brummyfan2 said:  hello...no AV installed except windows defender..I have a major doubt The Acer laptop is slow which is having good system configuration like 8gb ram, Intel core i5 7 generation, 1tb HDD, 2gb graphic, turbo booster processor or windows 10 operating system itself slow ?
    Hi,
    Yes, upgrading to SSD will definitely speed up the laptop, however, have you got any trial version of AV program installed( Norton, McAfee....etc)?
    If so, please uninstall it and see whether it improves the performance.

• Hi,
    Try switching to High Performance Power plan, if it's in Balanced Plan, you could also check whether you have Fast start-up enabled.
    Right click the battery icon in taskbar, click "Choose what the power buttons do", click "Change settings that are currently unavailable  and check "Fast start-up.

i tried everything discussed on internet but its still slow

• Hi,
    Run out of ideas, sorry :'(
  • slnacerslnacer Posts: 40Member Enthusiast
    Similar issue being discussed here as well : https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/531557/acer-aspire-5-a515-51g-new-laptop-startup-is-slow#latest
    Not sure if it is same as what "brummyfan2" posted above but worth checking in that thread esp for startup issue if the other customer's problem vanished after altering startup windows options.

Hi,
    Run out of ideas, sorry :'(
    I have given again for service centre to check with hardware issue..let's see what will happen
  • georgiamsgeorgiams Posts: 1Member New User
    I have this same problem and my laptop came with a SSD. 
  • andyoryandyory Posts: 1Member New User
    edited January 12
    Hello! First thing first - installed HDD is slow,noisy and cheap as f.....k WD Blue Series 500Gb*5400RPM*
    For me also was an unexpected gift that brand new,out-of-abox laptop with i5 and 8Gb doin' things same slow as my previous Aspire 5536G from 2009
    So I took my old WD Scorpio Blue 160Gb from previous laptop and guess what - 575G become way more faster! Also recommended to update your firmware version to most recent. BtW, x86 version of Win10 runs much quicker than x64 on WD Blue

• storestyggeulvstorestyggeulv Posts: 9Member New User
    I have the same model with 8 GB RAM a 256 GB SSD and a 512 GB SSD running Debian Linux, and I am very happy about the speed. Boot is very fast and generally speaking very good performance.  I suspect it is a serious case of winbloat if the notebook does not have other problems.

• kau123kau123 Posts: 1Member New User
    @yathiraj_u I'm facing the same issue, did u get it resolved bro?!
  • Japa182440Japa182440 Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

Any solution?
  • Japa182440Japa182440 Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

This error