Lags when Plugged In (E5-576G)

Options
casseer15
casseer15 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I have an Intel 8th gen Acer E5-576G with Corei5 8250U and Nvidea mx150.
The graphic card is very capable and i can play many games without an issue. I get around 50fps on GTA V on High-mdeium settings.

The issue is when i plug in my laptop, the frame rates drop massively. Games Stutter so much. Hangs even. It becomes nmormal as soon as I unplug.

I have set the power plan to balanced (only one in win 10) and the power mode to maximum performance. Tried the other two too but no change.

Tried this one which i found on google but still nothing. ("Open the power settings, then click "change plan settings" beside the "balanced (recommended)" option. Then click "change advanced power settings" on the screen that appears. In the dialog box, scroll down and expand "Multimedia settings". Then expand "when playing video" and then change the "plugged in" option to balanced.")

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Answers

• Pasindu722
    Pasindu722 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Yes. I have already faced this issue. Please help me to fix this issue. Really disappointed
  • ferro
    ferro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I bought this computer three days ago and had a similar issue. I updated the BIOS and the CPU works just fine now. You can find the update here. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1 "Fix ME security issue by updating to 11.8.50.3399"

P.S. If your CPU gets very hot during gaming, you may set the Maximum processor state to 99% in the advanced power settings. This will prevent the CPU from going into the Turbo Boost mode.